William Mason- Fayre (c)

It wasn't exactly hard to notice that William liked Daisy. He couldn't help but let his eyes follow her whenever she entered a room. It was rather sad actually. He was hopelessly interested in her, but she couldn't care less for him, having her heart set on Thomas instead. You had hoped the local fayre would give some distraction for him, granted he'd wished to invite Daisy until Thomas got involved, but sadly that wasn't the case.

Barely two minutes into your arrival at the fayre William had ran off at Daisy's annoyed demand. You quickly followed after him wanting to help him, make it clear that whatever Daisy thought didn't mean a thing.

It took you a few moments to catch up with him, your short legs struggling to catch up with his long strides.

"William wait up," you said attempting to get your breath back.

As you finally reached him, you gently placed your hand on his arm, looping your arms together.

"Y/N, go and have fun with the others. You didn't come here to just return without any enjoyment," he frowned bitterly, however it wasn't directed at you.

"Neither did you William. It is hardly fair that Daisy is ruining the fun for you. So if you wish to return back to the estate I will accompany you for the walk," you said softly not wanting him to suffer alone without company.

You looked up to his face, and you noticed his gentle smile even if it was slightly forced. It didn't matter though as you knew he was hurting, even if he didn't want it to be that clear to everyone else.

"I'm sorry for being so brash. I don't mean it. Thank you for joining me. And I do apologise for ruining your evening," he sighed.

"It's alright William. I didn't fancy going to the fayre anyway. I just joined as there was little better to do at the house. It was just nice to come out into the fresh air really," you shrugged.

It became almost certain that the gentle smile on his face was actually genuine, rather than becoming false as it had previously.

There was comforting silence for a majority of the journey but before you could reach the servant entrance, William paused reaching his other hand out to rest on your arm.

"Y/N, may I ask you a question?" He smiled softly. "I certainly don't mean to be too forward over the matter."

"Of course William," you said biting your lower lip.

"Well the fayre is in village tomorrow too, would you like to accompany me?" He asked warmly.

You couldn't help your smile growing at the prospect that he offered.

"I would love to. Obviously only if we are permitted," you smiled.

He nodded his head, moving his hand to take yours and raise it to his lips. Your cheeks became crimson at his action, happy that maybe something good came from the matter.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.