Tom Branson- Proposal (c)

"Will you marry me?"

You clutched your layered skirt, trying to contain your concern over such a question. Most women were delighted to hear their proposal, especially when they loved the man whom was down on one knee, but you couldn't help the concerns that flooded your mind. You'd been courting Tom for near to four years, having been the best two years of your life and you knew that marriage would soon follow, however you didn't think it would be now.

He was a widow; his previous wife having died during the birth of their daughter. She was now a headstrong seven-year-old, who although missed her mother through the memory he gave to her, she did refer to you as mother. Although you were not the one to bring Sybbie into the world, she was as much your daughter as any you'd give birth to. Tom had always been honest about his wife whom had passed, but you were worried he'd regret remarrying due to how fondly he spoke of Sybil.

"Are you certain?" You asked, realising how brash the question seemed.

He raised an eyebrow at you, still staying on his knee before you, showing you the ring, he had gotten to show your engagement.

"Why would I not?" He questioned.

You let out a sigh. You loved him more than anything. However, you didn't want him to doubt his choice in marrying you as you doubted you'd ever live up to her.

"I do not wish for you to feel mistaken. Whether you shall ever love me in the same way you love Sybil," you said softly, not wishing to sound jealous or upset, only your concern over the matter.

Tom gave you a gentle smile, taking your hand within his.

"Do not doubt yourself nor my love. Yes, I shall never lose my love for Sybil, she was my first love and the mother to my child. However, I love you also and I wish for a future with you. Sybbie loves you dearly also and I only wish for the best for my daughter and she sees you as her mother. I wish for us to be a family and for you to be my wife, I understand if you do not feel the same however. But I shall ask again. Will you marry me?"

You were beyond satisfied with that answer, and smiled dearly down at him, nodding your head.

"I would be honoured to marry you."

He smiled, slipping the ring onto your finger, leaning up to press his lips to yours.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request