Tom Branson- Love (c)

As a woman of status, you were expected to marry within that socio-economic realm, but sometimes the heart longs for what it is not meant for. You fell in love with your driver, a man not of money, working for you to get by but even without a pocketful of money you loved him more than anything. Tom was the man you had fallen for and you cared not for wealth and status, you would sacrifice all you had now to be able to wed the man you loved.

You didn't have the confidence to tell everyone of your world how you felt for your driver; you knew that your mother and father would likely fire him and run his name through the mud, forbidding him to ever get a job anywhere near you again. If you were to be happy with him, you would have to be prepared to leave everything behind and commit to him. It was a scary prospect, but you didn't let the fear control you when your heart so clearly longed for him.

Prepared for the worst, you had packed a bag before rushing down to the garage to find him.

"I am going to tell Mother and Father tonight," you told him, gaining his attention.

He turned to you. "And they shall banish you from the estate or they will lock you away."

You shrugged your shoulders. You knew what would come of telling them that you were in love with someone who worked for the house, but you didn't care; you would sacrifice everything to be with him.

"Does it not worry you that you are about to give up your family, your home and your wealth for a man?"

You shook your head. "I would be lying if I didn't say that sometimes I think I'm going to fall and you won't be able to catch me," you sighed. "It is a big change for my life, and I must accept that every element will change but money isn't the only happiness in the world. I will be far happier with the man I love than I will with gowns and gold."

Tom moved to take your hand within his. "I do not want you to regret your decision to love me."

You leaned in to press your lips to his cheek.

"There was no decision in the matter," you stated. "I could never deny my heart."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.