Tom Branson- Spider (c)

A scream escaped your lips, far louder than you meant it to be but your fear prevalent within the loud noise. You attempted to cower away in fear but there wasn't much else that you could do due to the panicked state that you had fallen into.

You could hear a commotion coming from inside until the door swung open to reveal your fiancé Tom, looking far more terrified than you were. You didn't know what had caused him such a state but seen as you were shaken up, you felt terrible that something was causing his upset at the same time.

"What happened?" He exclaimed.

Words couldn't form, instead your hand raised a shaky finger towards the cause of your worry. Tom followed your finger with his eyes, setting them onto the spider that was perched in the corner of the room. It was barely bigger than a bottle cap but in your eyes that was far too big for such a creepy looking creature that shouldn't exist. You knew that they ate other insects and helped in that sense, but they were far too unpleasant for you to appreciate all that they did.

"A spider?" He questioned, clearly not impressed with the worry that you caused him over such a small creature.

"Please kill it," you croaked, trying your best to shy away from it, hoping that the man you loved would be able to protect you from it.

Tom rolled his eyes at you. He moved to his tiptoes, so that he could reach the creature and cup it in his hands. Just seeing him touch the spider sent a shiver down your spine, but he quickly scurried away to get rid of the arachnid. He soon returned, an empathetic expression on his face.

"Are you okay?" He asked, resting a hand onto your arm.

You nodded your head, practically jumping into his arms wanting his reassurance and love. He kissed the top of your head, holding you tightly so that you knew he was there to protect and care for you in your moment of need.

"Thank you for protecting me," you whispered into his chest.

His chuckle rumbled through his chest. "I will always be there to protect you. Even if it is just from a little spider."

You shot him a look. "It wasn't a little spider, it was a terrifying beast, but you were my knight, there to protect me from anything terrible in the world."

He nodded his head, once again leaning in to kiss you.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.