Anna Smith- Injury (c)

You had just dressed Lady Sybil and needed to change to continue your duties around the home, in cleaning and tidying everything to its immaculate standard. You were a little behind schedule, having lost the time in having a conversation with Sybil, however you knew Mrs Hughes would have your neck if you didn't get the library cleaned before your Lordship needed to enter the room.

Running down the servant stairs, you lost your balance a few from the bottom and before you could grasp hold of the bannister and pull yourself back up, you had tumbled down the stairs. It hurt a little but not bad enough that it meant you had a reason not to get work done. You went to stand up, but your leg hurt terribly knocking you back onto the floor.

Anna hastily ran to your aid. She was probably your closest friend at Downton, especially seen as you shared a room with her, so you spent pretty much all of your time with her.

"Are you okay?" Anna asked, kneeling down to check on you.

"Yes, it was just a little tumble," you smiled softly, attempting to make it seem as though you were perfectly fine.

She shook her head at you, turning her attention to your leg. Although your leg was covered in your white stocking, they were blood sodden. She gave you a questioning look as though to ask if she could remove it, and when you gave her a gentle smile she pulled the stocking down revealing the injury that lay on your leg.

"Oh dear that isn't good," she said softly.

"It's fine, it is just a scrape," you assured her.

"Pish posh, you need to rest that leg once I ask Mr Carson to take a look and see if you need a doctor," she stated.

"It's fine Anna. I need to sort the library, Mrs Hughes will have me hung if I do not finish it before his Lordship returns home."

Anna gave you a warning look. "Leave Mrs Hughes to me."

She wrapped her arm around you, to support you as she pulled you onto your feet, making sure you didn't put pressure on your injured leg.

"Let's get you sat down properly, so you don't do more damage to your leg," she explained.

Knowing you couldn't argue with Anna and win, you conceded and let her lead you into the dining area so that you could take a seat to get off of your leg.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.