Mary Crawley- Sybil (c)

Since Sybil had left Downton, all relationships had been strained, especially when it came to your father. Lord Grantham still loved Sybil, he just wouldn't admit that he did. In his eyes Sybil had turned her back on the family when she decided to marry a commoner and that meant he expected his three remaining daughters to feel the same. However, you didn't. You loved Sybil dearly, she was your older sister and all you cared about was her being happy. Now that she was so far away, you wrote her letters almost daily, but had to hide the fact from your father.

Things had changed now though. Sybil had told your family that she was pregnant and although you knew that your father was happy to have a grandchild, he still considered her banished from the family. Edith did her best to align her views with that of your father's, but you and Mary were far more headstrong and willing to push your father.

Currently you and Mary were stood in your fathers' library and you were pretty sure that you hadn't seen such a furious look on your father's face.

"Sybil decided to turn her back onto this family, do not follow in her footsteps," he demanded.

The look on Mary's face made you terrified. The smirk on her lips made it clear she was going to verbally fight your father and you doubted that she would lose. When Mary had her mind set onto something, she wasn't going to back down at any point.

"She is your daughter," you stated. "She is pregnant with your grandchild; how can you turn your back on that?"

"She wished to marry the Irishman, that was her choice. Now she has to suffer the consequences," he frowned. "I forbid the two of you to betray this family as well."

The smirk became more prominent on Mary's lips as she went to speak.

"Well father, see the thing is I don't give a damn," she said forcefully. "You cannot forbid us from seeing our sister. She is pregnant and feels alone. We are not wishing to ask you to forgive her for her decisions, but you have no control over the two of us going to visit her."

Your father looked lost for words, not having expecting Mary's response.

"We love you father," you smiled weakly. "However, we love Sybil too. We know you love her too. There is no way for you to stop us from going."

With that Mary took your arm in hers and led you out of the room, ready to gather your things, so that you could visit your sister.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by