Matthew Crawley- Baby: Part 2 (c)

A quick labour later and your baby was in your arms. It was only a short labour compared to any you had heard of, but you and your son were both healthy and no complications had occurred. Although you were still fearful, as neither of you were fully out of the woods yet. Anna was sat next to you as you cradled your baby in your arms, hoping for your husband to arrive at some point.

As you stared fondly down at your child, you heard the door open. Looking up Matthew stood there, red faced with a worried expression.

"Y/N," he smiled rushing to your bedside.

Anna gave you a fond smile and wished you well before moving out of the room. Matthew rushed to your side, leaning in to kiss you passionately.

"I'm so sorry I didn't get here sooner," he said softly, holding you close to him.

"It's okay Love. Neither of us knew it would be today," you smiled weakly, rather tired from the ordeal.

Matthew looked down at the bundle in your arms, smiling fondly. He toyed with the blanket that covered the small child.

"Meet your son," you smiled.

He smiled up at you before, taking the baby into his arms.

"A son," he grinned. "We have a son."

You nodded your head, as he leaned in kissing the boy's forehead. It was the purest sight seeing your husband cradling your new-born baby. The two men you loved so much before you, looking so happy.

"He's beautiful," he smiled, holding him close.

"He really is," you smiled in return, as Matthew sat on the edge of your bed, moving your son to your arms.

Matthew wrapped an arm around you, pressing his lips to your cheek, as he looked down at your son.

"I'm really sorry for not being here," he whispered. "I wish that I didn't go anywhere without you. I cannot believe that I missed this."

You leaned up to use one hand to caress his cheek, letting the other one continued to support your sleeping child.

"It is fine Matthew. You didn't know he would be born today. No one could have known. So please do not fret my love."

"My apologies," he smiled. "I am simply glad that we have a perfect bundle of joy here to be an addition to the family."

"As amI. It was simply meant to be that the three of us are a joyful family."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.