Mary Crawley- Hidden Love (c)

"I wouldn't have a gown for such a dinner," you commented.

"You must join me in my chambers, and we shall find you something to wear," Mary smiled. "A celebration in your honour simply couldn't be without your presence."

Her father nodded his head, waving his hand dismissively for you both to get on with your day whilst he finished his plans. Lord Grantham was your Godfather and current guardian as your father had sent you to stay with him and his family for a while until you would likely be sent on to stay with a different family friend. You had visited their family a fair few times but today was your first day to be there on such a semi-permanent basis.

You followed Mary up to her chambers, closing the door behind you. As soon as she mentioned such things, you knew her main interest wasn't getting you a gown; your suspicions were confirmed when Mary pulled you to her, kissing you passionately. Your body curved into hers, wanting as much contact as you could gain, having longed for this moment for a long time.

After a couple of moments, you pulled away, both breathless as you rested your foreheads together.

"I have waited for that for too long," you whispered.

"As have I."

Although it was taboo for two women to be in a relationship, you and Mary had fallen in love long ago but knew it was for the best to keep such feelings a secret. At every chance you got, you tried to have a secret moment to yourselves, desperate for a moment that you could appreciate each other. It wasn't ideal to have to hide your love but if it meant you got to be together instead of the world forcing you far apart, it would have to do.

"I wish we didn't have to sneak around," you frowned. "I wish I could tell the world about us. Love shouldn't be something to be judged so heavily."

She offered you a reassuring smile. "One day our love will not be considered a crime or illicit disgust. Until then I shall long to be in your arms and feel your lips upon mine and will take every great joy when I am able to."

You couldn't help but smile along with her, your heart swelling with love and joy in having her by your side.

"Then we shall not waste a moment," you grinned, pressing your lips back onto hers.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.