Anna Smith- Curls (c)

Although your job was a whole lot better than most jobs a woman your age could end up in, it didn't mean that it wasn't absolutely tiring. You had finished all of your normal duties and helped out in the kitchen once you were done due to the several guests staying at the home currently meaning more cooking for the kitchen staff. With everything done and prepared for the following day, you headed back to your shared room to try and get some rest.

Anna was sat in front of the mirror twirling something in her long blond hair, half of it curlier than the other half. You expected that she would have gone to bed already but she seemed to be preoccupied with whatever she was doing with her hair.

"What are you doing?" You questioned as you begun to untie your own hair to be able to redo it for a night's sleep.

"Lady Mary got a curling iron. Supposedly they are becoming popular on the continent and in America. She leant it to me," Anna explained as you sat down on the edge of your bed.

"That's uncharacteristically kind of her."

The blonde woman let out a laugh before turning to you. "It wasn't out of the kindness of her heart. If I learn how to curl my own hair, then I shall be able to curl hers. I doubt she wants my first time using a curling iron to be upon her own hair. She mentioned that her sisters may get them too, so you may be learning to use them for Lady Edith."

Although you both shared normal maid duties, you were ladies' maids for the eldest two Crawley sisters, Anna caring for Mary and you caring for Edith. You both got along with your respective women but that didn't mean that it was an easy job. You may live under the same roof and spend a lot of time together, that didn't mean your lives weren't complete opposites to one another.

"I cannot see her wanting one anytime soon," you stated. "She tends to steer clear of things her older sister is interested in."

Anna let out a laugh knowing the truth, as you begun to change into your night clothes, prepared for minimal sleep that you would receive before another full day of work that would start before the sun fully rose as normal.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.