Cora Crawley- Visit (c)

"Cora!" You squealed running from the carriage along the pebbled road, arms open for your long-missed friend.

She took a step forward, opening her arms to accept your embrace. You wrapped your arms around her, holding her tight, having missed her terribly.

Cora and you had been friends in America, having been raised together due to your mother's close friendship. When she was betrothed to Robert Crawley you were more than glad for her to become Lady Grantham, but you were certain to miss her in her trip to England. As soon as she had moved to England the two of you commonly wrote to each other, telling each other of your lives. You knew of her two daughters but hadn't met them yet. It had been a few years since you had seen each other but finally you were able to see her English home and meet her husband and children.

"You look amazing," you smiled. "It is so picturesque here."

Cora nodded her head. "It is nothing like our home is it?"

"Nothing like it. You do look wonderful. Motherhood clearly does good for you," you said fondly.

"Speaking of which."

She turned away from you to a nursemaid whom was holding a young baby and holding the hand of a toddler. Cora took the baby into her arm, letting her other hand take the elder girl's leading them both to you.

"This is Mary and Edith," she smiled.

You crouched down to be of a similar height of Mary whom clung onto her mother's hand.

"Hello Mary," you said softly, offering her your hand. "It is very nice to meet you."

She hesitantly shook your hand. "It's nice to meet you too ma'am."

Cora ruffled her daughter's hair.

"This is your Auntie Y/N," she stated. "She shall be staying with us for some time as she is visiting from America."

Mary nodded her head, giving you a nervous smile.

"She'll warm up to you with time," Cora smiled. "I have told her so much about you, I am glad that you are finally able to meet them."

"They're both beautiful. Edith is precious," you said, looking down at the gurgling baby in Cora's arms.

Unlike Cora you were not married to someone of as high a standing, but you loved him even if your lives were far more modest than that of Cora living in Downton Abbey. The two of you had been married for several years, marrying eighteen months after Cora and Robert, but you'd never had children.

"Do come in," Cora said. "I shall have someone bring your bags to your room. My apologies that Robert is not here to greet you, his mother called for him, but he shall return for supper tonight."

"I can't wait."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.