Matthew Crawley- Baby: Part 1 (c)

You let out a loud and pain filled groan as you took to your feet, making your way to the door to head into the hall of the house.

"Anna," you called to the maid whom you got along with well and had said she was working near to your room so could come to your aide if you needed her.

Hasty footsteps followed to one of the other doors being swung open revealing the blonde maid with a concerned expression.

"Are you okay ma'am?" She asked.

You nodded your head, holding your hand over your extended heavily pregnant stomach. You winced as pain flooded through you, trying to contain the scream that wished to escape due to the surge of pain.

"Lady Y/N?" She said, doing her best to support you.

"My apologies Anna," you said attempting to catch your breath as the pangs of pain eased. "Can you please assist me downstairs, and call for Matthew?"

She nodded her head. "Of course, are you sure you're okay?"

You let out a deep breath, letting Anna assist your down the stairs to the main entrance, helping you onto the plush bench that was for guests waiting to see Lord Grantham.

"Anna, may I ask you for one more favour?" You asked, still holding your enormous stomach protectively.

"Anything, what do you need Miss?"

"Can you call for Doctor Clarkson as well as my husband?" You whispered. "I fear the baby is on it's way."

She nodded, apologising for taking her leave and rushing down to the servant's quarters. Moments later she returned with Mrs Hughes in tow.

"Mr Carson is phoning for Mr Crawley and Doctor Clarkson," Anna explained. "It will be okay ma'am."

You had confided in Anna of your fear of childbirth. With the death of Lady Sybil recently, you were beyond fearful that you were to follow her. Her daughter was born healthily, but she sadly passed, there wasn't anything that could be done for her and you feared that you or your child wouldn't make it. Your child wasn't due for another week, so Matthew saw no issue with travelling for the day to discuss business to do with your soon to be home a few miles away. However, with him gone, you were more fearful, you required your husband to keep you calm in this sort of moment.

"Do you need anything m'lady?" Mrs Hughes questioned.

"No thank you Mrs Hughes. Just my husband and a doctor," you smiled softly.

Before either woman could say anything Mr Carson came into the room.

"I've sent for a car Lady Y/N, Dr Clarkson is ready for you to arrive. Mr Crawley is two hours away but he said he shall meet us there as soon as he can. He wishes for Anna to take his place until he arrives, if that is okay ma'am?"

You nodded your head, allowing Anna to assist you to your feet.

"Thank you, Mr Carson. Do notify Lord Grantham for me, Lady Grantham, Lady Mary and Lady Edith are all with him. They deserve to know of what is going on, but do not worry them or make them stop their visit with the Dowager," you said.

"I will m'lady."

Mrs Hughes turned to you from the front doors, "the car is here for you."

"Thank you."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request