Damian Wayne x optimistic reader

This was requested by Tatsuina hope you enjoy it also sorry it took long.

(Y/n) is a happy and cheerful girl. She is friends with everyone in Gotham Academy. (Y/n) gets along with everyone and has good contact with them but one. Damian Wayne. He doesn't hate her but he doesn't mind her either. (Y/n) try's her best to be his friends or probably more?

Damian's age: 15 1/2
(Y/n)'s age: 15
Random person name- (r/p/n)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Y/n P.O.V.)
"Hey (y/n)" (r/p/n) said waving at me. I just smiled and waved back. One good thing I like about Gotham Academy is that everyone here is so nice towards each other like yeah there might be fights every once in a while but they'll forget about it and find a way to fix it. I like being positive towards others.

I get along with everyone here in Gotham Academy I have no problem with no one which I'm happy about, but one Damian Wayne. I don't hate him and I don't mind him at all. It's just so hard to talk to him every time I try he either ignores me or just looks up and gives me a blank expression. You see I've known Damian since 2 years ago ever since he came to Gotham Academy. He took my breath away. I want to be friends with him first and maybe see if he likes me back.

That doesn't mean I'm gonna give up I'm gonna keep on trying I know sooner or later he'll warm up to me and I'm positive about it.
Right now I was in my way to the Cafeteria since it's lunch. I was looking around seeing if I can spot Damian reading a book, I grab my lunch and pay as quickly as possible and run towards where Damian is. When I get there I sit down right in front of him. Waiting for him to notice me unless he did but doesn't care. I was about to open my mouth to talk to make myself present.

"No need to speak, I know your here" he said. I sighed so far not a great start. Well, it won't hurt to try again.
"So what book are you reading?"I asked hoping that he'll answer. He looked up and trust me he hesitated on the weather to answer me.
"The Odyssey" he said. I knew he was intelligent but not this intelligent.
"Sounds interesting?"I said making it sound like a question.
"You have no idea, what the book is about do you?" Damian said. I shook my head no.

"Hey, Damian why do you always sit alone don't you want any friends?"I said
"Maybe because I do not need friends especially if I despise people" he said before going back to his book.
"But having friends is good they bring out the best out of you" I said he looked up and gave me a blank expression and went back to his book.
"Maybe we can be friends?"I said with hope. Please say yes. When I said that he froze and then relaxed but he still was looking at his book.
"And why would I want to do that I am perfectly fine" He said. I just smiled at him even though he can't see it.
"I know but still, let's hang out tomorrow since it's Saturday" I said
"Why?"Damian said now looking at me
"Because that's what friends do" I said smiling at him.
"We are not friends (l/n)" Damian said seriously.
"Yeah okay, here's my number text me so we can arrange plans" I said when I got up and that's when the bell rang. Perfect timing. You see everything went well.
*Saturday morning*