Eastside (Dick Grayson x reader)

Life for Dick and (Y/n) take a big hit as they get older but will there love be enough to stay together.

Dick's age: 23
(Y/n)'s age: 23

*Dick singing
*(Y/n) wsinging
*both of them singing
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Third P.O.V. (Bare with me I'm not really good at third p.o.v.'s)
Dick kept thinking back to when he was young how he fell in love with (Y/n). (Y/n) was the only one who had caught his eyes when going to school together, in fact, they started off as best friends. Dick really wanted to go back in time.
"When I was young, I fell in love. We used to hold hands, man, that was enough" Dick sang. Being young you didn't have much responsibility and Dick was ok with that because he didn't have to worry about anything and holding your hand at the age of 13 was enough for both of them since they weren't that experience.

"Then we grew up, started to touch. Used to kiss underneath the light on the back of the bus" Dick sang to himself, both of you were 15 when you started to do more intimate things. (Y/n) is with her best friends Artemis and M'gann since Conner finally proposed and they wanted a girls day. Dick was truly in love with (Y/n) and he was willing to prove that to anyone. A lot of people didn't believe that Dick and (Y/n) were going to last they all thought it's just a "phase" especially (Y/n)'s dad.

"Oh no, your daddy didn't like me much and didn't believe me when I said you were the one" Dick sang, Dick rememberers that day as it was yesterday.

*Flashback*
Dick was so nervous because he's finally meeting (Y/n)'s family, he felt nauseous. Dick wanted them to like him because he made a promise that one day that he'll get down on one knee and ask (Y/n) to marry him. He finally had the courage to knock on the door to which (Y/n) opens to and smiled.

"Come on Dick I can't wait for you to meet them" (Y/n) said smiling, Dick loved that about (Y/n) that no matter what the situation was she kept on smiling even when she's sad. Dick was being dragged to the table where everything was prepared neatly.

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. (L/n) I'm Richard Grayson but Dick for short" Dick said smiling towards them and stuck out his hand to shake both of there hands only for (Y/n)'s mom to be the only one shake Dick's hand and smiled towards. Dick could definitely tell that Mr. (L/n) did not like him, not one bit. During diner, you could say that everything was going great until Mr. (L/n) asked a question.