Unwanted Love pt 2 (Damian Wayne x reader)

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.
*5 months later*

It has been 5 months since Damian and I broke up. The girls tried everything to cheer me up but nothing has worked. Damian found a new girlfriend.

The day I found out I was heartbroken. Damian was my escape. I know that for Damian it is hard for him to say 'I love you' to someone. I thought that I would be the one. I guess that makes me a fool.

Once everyone found out in Gotham academy all the girls took that as their chance. Some of the guy's tried talking to me as well but I turned them all down.

This weekend is going to be Gotham's fall ball. It is basically where all the wealthiest families come together to brag about their success. My parents aren't like that. They're always on business trips.
So I am not surprised if they don't show up at this event. They never do.

I've been in my room all day and I am starving. I check the time on my phone. 6:30 p.m. I get up from my bed and make my way downstairs. I smell food. What the heck?

"Hello? Babs? Cass? Steph? This better not be a joke" I say looking around. I then see my mom setting up the table.

"Mom?!" I shouted excitedly. I ran towards her and pulled her into a hug.

"Not Barbra. I miss you too kiddo" she smiled.

"I missed you so much! Where's dad?" I asked.

"Cooking us dinner as you know I can't cook even if my life depended on it" mom laughed. I see my dad come in with food.

"Can't argue with that" dad joked. We all laughed. I missed them so much.

"Let's eat" mom said.

                ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The food was amazing.

"Dad, I forgot how much I missed your food" I say.
"You won't have to miss it anymore sweetie" dad said. I was confused.

"What do you mean?" I asked
"Hun, your dad and I talked about it. We want to be more involved in your life so we decided to work from home" mom said. What?!

"Are you guys for real?!" I shouted happily.
"We are for real or whatever you kids say these days" dads smile. I smile. I get up and hug them both. I am so happy that I get to have my parents.

                ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

It was already the end of the day. Thank God I can drive. Don't get me wrong. It probably be nice for a parent to pick you up but I have been taking myself to school ever since I turned 14.

"Hey, (Y/n)! Got a minute?" Luke called out to me. I turned around and saw-like making his way towards me.

"Yeah...so what's up?" I say.
"So I was wondering that this Saturday you don't have a date. I don't have a date would you be my date to the fall ball?" He asked smiling.

I was speechless. I didn't know what to say. I look around and saw Damian kissing Lexi. Broke my heart to see that but what can I do. He chose to end things. Damian pulled away and smirked.

Damian looked around. Damian annoy made eye contact with each other. He smirks quickly disappeared and his eyes were filled with regret. I take my attention back to Luke.

"I-uh, I don't know" I replied.

"Please, I promise you that you won't regret it" Luke said

"I sighed, " Okay, but I'll see you at the ball. You don't have to pick me up".