Chapter 1 - He's coming!

"This weekend!? Oh my god, I'm so excited! You have NO idea!"

" Yes, my darling sister, this is what I just said."

"Don't patronize me Jamie, you never come down to see us anymore and quite frankly, I'm sick of it"

"Oh please I'm sure you and Ryan are just fine playing house-house like a bunch of 1st years with a house to themselves for the first time"

"Jamie - don't. If you're fighting with Ry - you're going to have to talk to him about it. Besides you being in the same country for once, might help the situation just a tad"

"Lex in-case you forgot, we're men. We don't hold grudges, we bash it out and drink it off, and before you start, no I'm not really going to punch your boyfriend. He's my best friend, we'll have a couple drinks when I land in London and everything will be fine. "

I feel a soft kiss on my neck and giggle into the phone. Immediately my brother starts sighing in the background. I turn around and hug him in return.

"Hey babes. How was your day?"

"Good. Who's on the phone?"

"It's Jamie. He's coming down this weekend. "

"Finally, can't deal with your moping around anymore. You're on holiday for Fuck sakes. She's killing me bro!"

"See he's fine, nothing to worry about. "

I stick my tongue out at Ryan and walk out to our small backyard to continue my previous conversation with Jamie.

"Yeah, yeah whatever. We're going to get so druuunnnk, well at least I am things have been so boring around here and everyone's a little sad with Carlos leaving to McLaren next year. "

"Are you guys organising something to say goodbye?"

"Yeah, this weekend actually. So we're probably going to have to keep those homecoming drinks to a minimum because I don't think we're able to do two heavy nights in a row like we used to when you still stayed here. "

"Oh little one, you and I both know how well you can handle a measly two nights. Remember that time Nico had to carry you home after -"

"OK! That's quite enough, I remember just fine thank you. Listen I've got to go, your friend is starting to rummage around in my refrigerator and I don't have time to run around after empty packets and breadcrumbs all over the house. "

"Bye Lex - I love you. See you on Friday. "

"Love you too. "

I put my phone on the kitchen counter right before I have to literally remove Ryan from the fridge.

"Uh uh uh.. Can you not smell the glorious fumes escaping the oven?" He mumbles something and walks out while I finish our dinner.

I place the hot plates on our small dining table and sit down. Ryan - as usual collects his plate and sits down in front of the TV. At least he thanked me tonight.

I've always tried to sit down for dinner, ever since we moved out of mom's place. When Jamie still stayed with us it was the best part of my day. I got to cook and spend an uninterrupted 30 - 45 mins with my two favourite boys. We'd talk about our days and I'd laugh at the two of them cracking the funniest jokes, we'd then carry on with our own things, but when Jamie moved to Monaco for his job, Ryan stopped sitting with me. We stopped talking about our days and I stopped caring. It hurts, but I've learned to pick my fights with Ryan. He's got a nasty temper.

Tomorrow will be different.

The next morning I'm up early. I've got to run to the store for a couple things before Jamie gets here tomorrow. On the way to grabbing a basket, I feel this 'presence' behind me. Instinctively I turn on my heel just to see a gorgeous blonde giant wearing a ridiculously goofy grin on his face.