Chapter 11 - Anticipation

Last night was good, we spent a good couple hours rolling around in the sheets. As I said before, that's never been our problem. This morning is going to be rough I have to stop by the office to get some things along with Ryan's pass and plane tickets. He'll only be joining us in China on Friday. He couldn't get off work in time, but he really wanted to come and I'm really happy he's coming. He loves Formula 1 and I'm sure the guys will entertain him while I'm busy with work things.

I drop by Jen's office and collect Ryan's documents we agree to meet at the airport at 12pm, I stop by Cyril's office but he was in a meeting so I collect my work laptop and get back home to pack.

Before home I run to the grocery store to pick up some meals for Ryan, lord knows where he'd be without me. I get home and start packing my toiletries. It's been a good three weeks since the fight happened and the marks have almost completely disappeared. I have no marks on my neck so that means I don't have to live in polar necks and long sleeves anymore. The bruise on my collarbone is a light yellow and should be gone by the weekend. Yay me!

I pack three nice outfits for the events we have planned along with the team dinner and maybe a sneaky date with Ryan while we're abroad together. I check the time and it's almost 11pm, geez time flew this morning. I quickly jump in the shower and opt for something comfy as usual. A white pair of tracksuit pants, white seekers and a black gym top.

I'm waiting with Jen at our gate and they finally call our flight, it was delayed 45 minutes and we were getting ants in our pants. Mike was salty about me not sitting with him, but I promised to swop that coffee I owe him for a drink this weekend which seemed to make him happy.

We sat down and organized our overhead luggage. While we were waiting to take off my phone buzzed. Probably Jamie telling me to message him when we're down safe. I pull it out from my pocket.

1 New Message - Daniel

Looking forward to seeing you, fly safe x

I smile like a schoolgirl getting a text from her crush, I am actually looking forward to seeing him it's been a while. I also realize a second later that we won't really get to spend any time together with Ryan coming and I feel sort of guilty and disappointed.

"Who's got you smiling like a kid on Christmas morning? Is that the man at home?" Jen leans over to check my screen and I pull it away before.

"It's Dan, actually," I say simply. She looks at me as if I just grew a second head.

"Hmm. Just Dan, you say... Actually, this brings up the thing I wanted to talk to you about."

Fuck what now, not sure if I'm ready to hear this. "Please. Continue."

"Don't be mean. I just have a musing I'd like to bring to your attention."

"By all means.." I say rolling my hand for her to continue. She always makes these things drag on.

"Okay well, when we all went out and Daniel mentioned things were complicated and Nico said he was distracted... well you were kind of the distraction that night and I might be overstepping by saying this, but you might be the complication as well."

"Don't be ridiculous Jen, Daniel knows I'm in a relationship and he respects that. We're just friends." Why would she even say that? We are just friends right, there's nothing more going on between us.

"I didn't say that to hurt you Lexi, it was just something I picked up on and want you to be careful with. Judging by your reaction to his text I made the right decision." She's got those mothering eyes. I know she means no harm and that she's looking out for me, but she's seeing things from an outside perspective without the full picture.