Chapter 2 - An introduction

Jamie. My heart. My peace of mind. My home.

"You looking good kid! " I roll my eyes, but am grateful to hear a compliment on my appearance for once, that went out the door a long time ago with Ryan, he barely sees me, but he's been busy. I understand.

"Thank you, James, and speak for yourself! You're like a completely new person. Haircut, got your eyebrows done, not by me I will add.. New clothes, I'm impressed!"

"Well I live in one of the richest places on the planet, fit in or fade away"

"Don't be dumb, you could never fade away. You've never had a problem in that department"

I roll my eyes, as I change lanes on the road back to my place. The music is softly playing in the background. He seems strange, but I know if he has to tell me something he'll do so when he's ready to so I change the subject. "Guess who's joining us tonight!?" Suddenly excited and a bit nervous at the thought of our latest addition to tonight's festivities.

"Who?"

"Your ol' pal 'The Hulk'!"

"And.."

"And what? Nico, Hulkenberg. Your best friend – Aren't you excited?"

"No Lex, I meant and who else.. Of course I know Nic is going to be there tonight he's my best bud, but you forgot to mention Daniel. Your long last F1 crush since the 1960s"

"Oh shut it Parks! I didn't forget Daniel, I just thought your best friend was a more interesting topic of conversation. " Shaking my head I pull into the driveway and switch the engine off.

"Sure, Lex. Like your not freaking the fuck out inside that little brain of yours, overthinking every detail of tonight because Mr Ricciardo is going to be there." He rolls his eyes and opens the car's boot to unload his luggage as I walk to the front door and open up.

"No.." Is all I say as I walk in the house and check on the food in the oven.

-

We're all sitting on the chairs outside drinking some beer, waiting for the other two to arrive so that we can begin eating. I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket and check the notification.

Open up munchkin - Nico

Oh My God.. I wasn't nervous, well not very nervous, but now I can barely breathe. Shit!

"They here?" Jamie asks me with raised eyebrows. I just nod in response and down the other half of my beer. "Just breathe, it's just Nic and your long last lover at the door" He laughs hysterically "Oh gee thanks bro!" while Ryan jumps in the conversation.

"Who's here?" Shit.Fuck! I forgot to tell him we had more people coming over tonight. Que the fight tonight...

"Uh, Nic and Daniel. I saw Nic at the store yesterday and mentioned Jamie was coming over and thought it would be nice if they joined us", I look at Jamie expectantly. He says nothing. Thanks again, you're such great help tonight bro!

"Oh, who's Daniel?"

I almost forgot they were literally waiting at the front door, I get up and half sprint to greet them.

"Ricciardo" I hear Jamie telling Ryan in the background.

"Took you long enough! Where'd you come from, Africa? " Nico says with that goofy smile on his face as he pulls me into a hug.

"Ha Ha Nic. You're hilarious, but as a matter of fact, I am from Africa" I stick my tongue out at him only to open my eyes and come face with the one and only Daniel Ricciardo.