Chapter 17 - Longing

Is it just our bodies? Are we both losing our minds?

Is the only reason you're holding me tonight

'Cause we're scared to be lonely?

Jen and I were on the dance floor, three tequila shots and two 'very berry jam-jars' in, singing on top of our lungs with Sandra and the other two girls from the statistics department.

Do we need somebody just to feel like we're alright? 

Is the only reason you're holding me tonight

'Cause we're scared to be lonely?

Just then I felt two strong arms wrap themselves around my waist, "Hey there gorgeous" - No Australian accent like I expected to be. 

Jen's eyes went wide when she saw what was going on and a weird, slightly cold look took over. I ignored Mike and leaned in, "What's wrong babe?"

She shook her head with a furrowed brow, "No nothing, oh look the drivers are here!" It felt like she was dancing around the subject and it bothered me because this isn't the first time she's made that face on this trip.

"Babe, are you sure?"

"Yeah, don't be stupid enjoy your dance." She winked and gestured back to Mike who was waiting for his turn, I gladly walked back to him and he wrapped his arms around my lower back while I rested mine in the crook of his neck. 

The music resonating with the moment as I slipped deeper into the alcohol.

Is it just our bodies? Are we both losing our minds?

Is the only reason you're holding me tonight

'Cause we're scared to be lonely?

Scared to be lonely

Scared to be lonely...

Daniel's POV

I was already pissed off from the way Mike was eye-fucking her at the table, nevermind the way her cheeks reddened with every whisper in her ear. 

She looked at me at some point during the team meal at the table, I couldn't control the distaste and jealousy on my face - she was doing it right in front of me. Could she really not see how this was bothering me?

Nico told me that Lex had asked about my mood before they left to the club. He said that he covered for me with the "my parents coming story", I thanked him when we got back to the hotel. I tried my best to get some rest but couldn't sleep I kept picturing her perfect olive skin wrapped in that bright sex-red dress and then Mike's filthy engineer hands all over her.

It kept flashing in the back of my mind with each image my testosterone took over.

I pulled on some dark jeans and a black shirt, ran some water through my hair and took my wallet and keycard off the table next to the door.

I banged on Nico's door, louder than I intended to, "Nic, bro! Get dressed we're leaving!" Within seconds the door opened and closed with Nico beside me. 

"Knew you wouldn't be able to stay away!" He smiled like an idiot and patted my shoulder as we paced down the hallway into the elevator. 

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever. I can't even close my eyes without that woman disrupting my thoughts. I didn't know what else to do!"

'I've been there man, don't worry though. Alexia isn't the type to do anything stupid."

"It's not Lex I'm worried about, this is not the first time I've seen Mike take advantage of a situation and he knows she's single now."