Chapter 22 - Sun Things Never Change

We continued down the road to look at the cathedrals I wanted to see. They were exquisite in every sense of the word. The cobblestone roads were the foundation and perfect frame for the hand-laid stones that made up the structures.

Big gothic architraves surrounded the hand-painted windows and huge wooden doors. I was in my element. Daniel stayed quiet for most of that part, standing in the distance as I fawned over all the details and read all of the history plaques. I just waved to him every now and then and he smiled back, taking a selfie with the odd fan.

It was now 1 pm and my feet were starting to get sore. I wanted to go to the beach, but my feet wouldn't cooperate and my lack of sleep was starting to catch up with me.

"Danny? My feet are sore" I nagged as I drag my feet on the floor.

He nodded his head to the side, pointed behind his back. "Climb on, then. The hotel is just at the end of this street. We can go to the pool rather." Before climbing on I hesitated and frowned.

"No beach?" I pouted.

"Don't you worry, you'll see the beach, Lex. I promise. Now get on woman!"

Whatever that means. "I better!" I quipped back as he bent down in front of me and lifted my knees till I was comfortably sitting on his back. "I'm wearing a skirt!" I fumbled around to try to pull it down some.

"Hold on" he shifted his hands from hooking under my knees to cupping my bum... I don't know how to feel about this...

"Ummm...."

"It's either this or you walk, take your pick," Fuck! He has a point. Just then he tickled the skin under the hem of my skirt and I felt my lower region clench.

"Daniel!" I squealed

"What?" He said as he did it again. This time I jerked as I squeezed my thighs together, which if you forgot, are around his fucking body. He definitely felt that!

"Daniel, I'm going to kill you!" Trying to cover up my inability to keep my vagina in check. He laughed so hard I swear we were going to fall - we didn't. He just squeezed my bum tighter. I smacked him upside the head and threatened to chop his balls off while he was sleeping tonight and he stopped immediately but the smile never left his face. I smiled at that.

When we got back to the hotel he refused to put me down, the lobby was grand and too exploitative for him to enter the main entrance so we went through the service entrance and I giggled the entire way up the stairs as he sang, on the top of his lungs I might add, a rendition of Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin... All the way to what seemed to be the penthouse suite?

"The penthouse suite m' lady," he said as he bowed before the door of the room he had held open for us. I laughed and hit him on his shoulder. "Are you sure those orange juices weren't actually mimosas?" he laughed again as we passed the threshold.

"This room is spectacular Daniel, how do you not take advantage of this lifestyle every day of your life!?"

"It gets old. But this room, in particular, is quite 'spectacular' isn't it?" Mocking me.

"I'm lost for words quite frankly." I was absolutely speechless. The 'room' was at least half the width of the building.

As you walk in, the wall to wall windows overlooking Barcelona Beach soaked up every inch of beauty. It was as if I were in an actual beach house on the coast, soft blues and creamy whites in different textures. Rich gold accents on all the hardware and soft linens. There was a staircase to the right of the entrance hall that leads off a living area, underneath was a full kitchen dressed in natural tones of wood.