Chapter 31 - A Date?

Three hours, 4 cocktails and a thousand selfies later, I lay on the sunbed towards the front of the yacht tanning when my phone buzzed next to me. I had no intention of checking it, but when it continued to vibrate I decided to have a look. 

To my surprise, it was not a text message, but an incoming phone call from none other than Charlie, my pilot ...

"Hello?"

"So you are still alive!" He cheered through the phone, the giddy smile on my face was not overlooked by both my brother and Nico sitting across from me. I got up and headed out to the bar towards the back for some more privacy.

"I seem to be, yes. To what do I owe this pleasure?"

"Oh pleasure you, do I?" He laughed, what I can only imagine to be a panty-droppingly sexy laugh. "Well, I said that I would check in with you while I was still here and my last flight has been delayed until tomorrow afternoon...so I was wondering if you had time in that ever-busy schedule of yours to see me.."

"Ah, yes...I vaguely remember some words of that nature been spoken...But then again I am meeting so many people who have been desperate for a moment of mine," I giggled like a schoolgirl - Flirting was not one of my fortes, "Sorry who is this again!" Laughing even harder at my attempts.

He laughed too, but then cleared his throat and continued, "Ma'am as you may well know my time is precious so I will be needing an answer at your earliest convenience."

"Well, I just so happen to have a few hours to spare, what did you have in mind?" Giggling again..Whats with me!?

"Ever been to Blue Gin? A friend of mine is playing there tonight and the food is great too."

"Can't say I have been..How's the alcohol..god you must think I'm an alchy, I'm not I promise. It's just summer vaycay and-"

"Woah there, I'm not one to judge I've been around the F1 crew long enough to know. So how's 8? I'll pick you up." He cut me off mid-sentence. My heartbeat picked up ever so slightly at the reality of it all. 

If I said yes..this would be a date! Was I ready for a date?

"Alexia?" My name rolled off his tongue in the most sensual way.

"Yes?" I answered absentmindedly

"8 pm, your address.."

"Yeah, I'll text you."

"You okay?"

"Fine, sorry I zoned out there for a second. I'm looking forward to tonight..you and the alcohol."

"Well, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing you too, gorgeous." Smiling like an idiot I said goodbye when I returned to the sunbeds Jamie and Nico were staring at me with raised brows and goofy smiles... Damn fools

"You guys okay?" I poured myself the last of the margarita mix and assumed my previous position. 

"We're fine, you, on the other hand, look like the cat that got the cream... someone special?" My brother asked leaning closer as he spoke.

"I don't know what you're talking about, but I do love cream... annnd I have a date tonight," I kinda squealed... Times like these I really miss having Jen around! She needs to get here already dammit!

"A DATE!?" They both shouted in unison, but with two extremely different expressions. 

Jamie looked like he was more excited for tonight than I was, but Nico looked like someone had kicked his puppy, like I had kicked his puppy. "Nico? What's wrong?" I was confused by his reaction.

"Uh? Me, nah I don't think so. So who's the guy?" He recovered quickly, I'll have to talk to him later. He clearly doesn't want to say anything in front of Jamie, but what could be so unsettling about me having a date? Surely he should be happy for me...?

Daniel... 

"It's Charlie the pilot, isn't it?" Jamie asked, oblivious to the moment that passed. 

Yeah...Charlie, that's the one." The smile on my face this time slightly less genuine.

A/N: Guys!! I'm so sorry this update is a week late, things have been crazy at work and I havent found the time to update, but hopefully, I'll be able to post again this week to make up for it.

Hope you like it, don't forget to vote and add my story to your reading lists.

Much love,

- C xx