Chapter 32 - A trip to the Market

“Yo, Lex, you going to be joining us tonight?” Jamie popped his head through my door.

“You mean the double date you're going on with Nico and Egel? I'll pass thanks, besides I think I’m in need of a good night in.” I rolled from one side of the bed to the other, closest to the door.

“You sure? Nico said he can get you a ticket and you could probably bring Charlie..” He waged. 

“No, seriously I'm fine. I'm actually looking forward to having some time alone. I'll go down to the market, cook a nice dinner and catch up on some Netflix. Enjoy it though!”

“Alright, well I'll text you the address if you change your mind.” I winked at him before he closed the door and decided it was probably time to get into the shower. 

I stripped from my clothes and turned the taps. The feeling of the water scorching my skin was kind of relaxing.

I definitely needed tonight, these last few days had been kind of chaotic. I thought back to my date with Charlie and smiled just thinking about the effort he had gone through.

To be honest it was an incredible date, he picked me up in a bright cherry red Aston Martin - I remember laughing to myself at how no matter what I do, who I meet or where I go there's always something to remind me of Daniel… 

He took me to the restaurant we spoke of earlier, that I had asked Nico about when we had gotten home that day.

Turns out Nico was confused about me going on a date with someone other than Daniel, since we had both admitted our feelings to him.

He said that Daniel was being stupid by bringing Cassandra around me, that he was just trying to judge my reactions towards him being around another woman so that he could make the next move.

I of course, laughed him off and used that to justify my date. Needless to say the lecture I received thereafter was even worse than when my dad used to try talk me out of studying my field of work. 

I'm a big girl and if I want to make Daniel jealous the same way he rubbed Cassandra in my face, then I would and no-one could tell me different.

Back to my date with Charlie, I smiled while washing my hair. He was dressed perfectly, not too tight black dress shirt and dark jeans. His hair was still damp from being in the shower and his eyes glistened when he smiled at me. 

The restaurant was more of a social club, no dancefloor, but noone was eating anything other than fruit from their cocktails.

When I brought it up Charlie laughed and showed me the dining area towards the end of the jetty. It was just after sunset and the curtains of fairy lights created a beautifully romantic setting. The conversation never died and I laughed harder that night than I had in a long time.

After our meal Charlie moved over to my side of the table and put his hand on my leg.. I let him.

It was nice having someone be so unapologetically open with his intentions so I moved closer and rested my head on his shoulder, we watched the pattern of waves crash against the rocks in the distance in a comfortable silence.

I got chills when he slid his hand across my legs to cup my outer thigh, when I got the courage to look up at him he was already looking into my eyes with an undeniable request to kiss me.

When he dropped me back at the apartment we kissed again and again… and again. We made out and it was hot, really hot.

I almost considered going home with him, but I thought about the lecture I’d get from both my brother and Nico which immediately extinguished the sparks. We promised to stay in touch and begrudgingly said goodbye.