Chapter 25 - The Rain in Spain Pt 3

When I woke up the next morning, the spot next to me was empty. I stretched and lifted my head to see if I could spot where he disappeared to. 

I saw his sock-covered feet hanging off the pull out opposite the bed, spread out as far as he could go without falling off. That's weird, last thing I remember was him curling up next to me, his one arm crept underneath my pillow and the other around my waist. Our legs in a tangled mess as I settled into him.

I tried not to be hurt or offended by the change, I'm sure he had a good reason for moving. I got up as quietly as I could to use the bathroom. While I was up I washed my face, brushed my teeth and ordered room service for the two of us. 

He'd be up soon, I'm sure. I made a pot of filter coffee so it could stay hot for when he woke up and climbed back into the bed. I watched him sleep for a while, trying to gather my thoughts on the events of yesterday.

It was such an incredible day, I smiled just replaying the morning in my head. Watching him talking to fans in the background as I did my own thing, catching his eye and sharing a smile here and there, him giving me a piggyback back to the hotel when my feet hurt, drinks in the pool, the incredibly sweet dinner he organised for us... The fight...my meltdown, the make up. The ALMOST KISS! 

Oh my god, Daniel and I almost kissed last night. 

I brought my hand up to my mouth as I pulled my feet towards me under the duvet, sitting further against the headboard.

A slight feeling of regret washed through me as I let myself entertain the idea of Dan and I as a couple, but it was short-lived when Ryan's voice popped up in the back of my mind, as if on cue.

  "A couple? Who are you kidding? I'm the only one that can love you the way you deserve. He is just using you, princess, when you give it up to him; and you will because you're a whore, he's going to leave you! I couldn't help but believe every word.

"Where's your head at kid?" Kid he said- right, silly me.

"Nowhere, just zoned out," I lied and I felt terrible, but there was no way I would let him in that far, not when the signs were right in front of me, screaming for me to take a step back and reassess our friendship. 

Things had gone too far last night and although I enjoyed my day with him I couldn't help, but replay Ryan's words every time I looked at him. Was Daniel really just thorough with his game? Was he just putting in maximum effort to get into my pants?

"Seems like I've lost you again.." I heard him say in the background. Shit, snap out of it.

'But be careful, you know how easily he manipulates you'

"Sorry, guess I'm still a bit tired. I've ordered room service and there's a fresh batch of coffee in the lounge, can I get you some?" I asked

"No need, I'll get some." He got up and walked into the lounge section of the suite. He came back a moment later and climbed into the bed next to me. "Thanks Lex, what you get us for breakfast?"

Why would he climb back into bed with me if he couldn't even stand one night next to me? Oh right - it's day time, we're still alone. His next opportunity to try and make a move. "Ah, just blueberry pancakes and some fried stuff," I shrugged my shoulders reaching for the remote of the TV.

"What's with you this morning? Did I do something?" He sounded as if he were actually clueless...

"Nope, I'm fine. Everything's fine," I put on the biggest smile I could manage, which of course was complete shit!