Chapter 14 - Little Comforts

The next morning had come and gone and I was exhausted. Cyril had come in early to check on me and gave me the next week off starting today. He said that security had escorted Ryan along with his belongings out of the hotel and straight to the airport. The medic had come back, his name is Frederick and he had brought a doctor from the closest hospital to check me up again.

There was nothing they could do for my ribs other than put me in a full-body cast and I said no immediately so I just have to be careful. I watched the qualifying on the TV in Jen's room but fell asleep from the pain meds they had left me.

When I woke up Jen was faffing around the room moving things and cleaning. Typical.

"What you doing over there girly girl?"

"Oh you're up, sorry did I wake you?" She looks worried.

"No, you didn't wake me, stop stressing please." I tried getting up to get some coffee earlier, but it was too painful and way too much effort. So I left it, but now I am dying to go to the bathroom and holding it makes my ribs cramp.

"Jen, my love could be a doll and help me to the piss hole?" She looks shocked at first, but then just shakes her head and comes over to the bed.

"Even in your state, you've still got such a dirty mouth." I hear laughing from the doorway.

Daniel.

"Is it safe to come in?"

"Yeah and I was just about to help this nutter to the bathroom if you'd like to lend a helping hand," she says to the figure emerging from the passage.

"Sorry the door was open and I was coming to see-"

His sentence ended abruptly when he saw the state of me. He took in every detail as if he were the doctor trying to diagnose me. "It's okay Danny come here," I say softly. He looked scared, confused - he's in shock.

I take him into a hug and hold it there for a bit. Jen signals behind his back that she's going to give us some space and closes the door behind her. His head turns to the sound and then looks back at me.

"Lex.." His hand brushes my cheek and I pull away from his hand, still sensitive to touch.

"So-sorry." I pull his hand into mine.

"It's okay, I'm just adjusting," feeling guiltier than ever. "Could you help me to that toilet, please? I'm dying here."

He helped me up from the bed and put the full weight of my left side against him so that I wouldn't feel too much pain. We got to the toilet and this just became awkward. He turns around " Do I need to help you with anything else?" he asks all of a sudden.. shy?

"Ah.. just sitting back down, give me a moment. I'll tell you when." I pull my t-shirt dress up but struggle to get my underwear all the way down below my mid-thighs. I'll just wait till I'm sitting I tell myself. There's no way I could ask him to do that too. "Okay, I'm ready. Sorry about this Dan."

"Are you crazy, don't be sorry! I'm happy to help you even if it is to pee." I laugh and grab hold of the windowsill on one side and his shoulder on the other and gently navigate my decent till I reach the seat. I take a look at my underwear. Bright red lace. Daniel was still watching when I pulled them down further and I had to clear my throat to snap out of it.

He jumped nervously, going bright red and turned around. "Sorry, I- sorry" he's so cute when he's nervous.

"I am?" He starts laughing

Shit! Did I just say that out loud?

"Yes, yes you did," he replied to my inner thoughts again. Fuck I need to start controlling this mouth of mine a little bit better when I'm around him.