Chapter 13 - Always a Victim

"I'll get it," I say to him and duck under his arm. He follows me to the door. Before opening, I take a big breath.

"Jen." I smile. save me, save me, save me... I chant in my head praying for refuge from this situation. Jen looks from me to a half dressed Ryan and back to me

"You guys aren't ready yet?" she asks warily.

"No, we're just running a bit late. Ryan's flight was delayed so were slightly behind schedule." Managing to keep my voice calm and steady. I look back at Ryan who is putting on the world's best performance running around acting busy, but at the same time telling me to get her the hell out of here. "We'll meet you there okay, save us some good seats." I smile and close the door before she could reply, the tears building up again.

I walk to the cupboard to resume finding a decent outfit, I find a pair of jeans and a plain white t-shirt. I have nothing else and show him, waiting for approval. "Whatever, I don't care anymore. You've made us late!" I walk to the bathroom to get changed, not feeling completely comfortable changing in front of him right now, but he beats me there. My hair is pulled back by one of his hands and I hit my head on the side table next to the bed. I cry out in pain and try to get up.

He's got me pinned to the floor, I try fighting back but it only makes him rougher. He reached back and unzips my boots taking each one off with one hand, the other around my neck - forearm pressed down the length of my chest. "Dirty sluts need to be cleaned," he says, I dare not make a sound. I'm confused at what he's doing until he starts taking off my dress. I can't control my sobs any longer. I start begging him to stop, that he's hurting me. I start screaming no, but he muffles my screams by stuffing one of my socks into my mouth. I start thrashing around as much as I could, with every turn I slam into either the bed or the side table. Ryan manages to get my dress over my head it looks like he's getting pleasure out of watching me fight and takes it a cue to induce more pain. "You're loving this, aren't you? Wiggling around like a helpless damsel, waiting for her idiot princes to come and rescue her." He reaches one arm back behind him and punches me in the jaw, the sound echoing in my head scared me into silence. I stopped fighting. "Newsflash no-one is coming Princess."

Not expecting this he stood up and nudged me in the ribs, I didn't dare move, blink, breathe. He kicked harder, I just stared at him until the last blow had my eyes shut close. The last thing I heard was the door to our room closing.

Jennifer's POV

It's been about ten minutes since I left Lexi's room, they must've been making up for lost time when I knocked on the door. Ryan was half naked and her hair was all over the place. We were still waiting for the bosses to get here so a few of us were waiting in the bar area. Soon Cyril, Bob and my boss Jerome came downstairs and sat at our extremely long table. I had only been to our year-end functions, but they were nothing like this. We took up more than half of the hotel restaurant. I don't know how they manage this for every race.

We sat down, I sat next to some of the girls from the technician's lab, left a space open next to me for Lex. Next to her would be Nico and then opposite her I asked Daniel and Jeremy to leave a spot open for Ryan. "So where are they Jen?" Nico asked leaning over the empty seat.

"I stopped at their room just before I got here, they seemed busy. Said they were running late and would be down soon." I repeated as I was told. Giggling when I mentioned them being busy. I noticed Daniel raise his brows when I said this.

This guy seems too far too phased by Lexi's personal life to not be interested in a deeper sense. I know there's something brewing between those two, I spotted her reaction to his text on the plane on Wednesday and when I brought it up she was super defensive. Nothing might have happened yet but when you put someone in a vulnerable position like she is and a hot, tanned man like Daniel together - trouble is bound to happen.