Chapter 27 - Summer Break Begins

At long last, it was time to leave for the long bus ride to London and then to the airport where I would board a private jet, that my darling Nico organised, to Nice, France.

I had packed and repacked my suitcase with a lengthy checklist to make sure nothing I needed was left behind! Jamie had said that this trip was on him since things had been so tough with cash at home, but I didn't want him buying unnecessary things like toiletries and Advil. The majority of my closet for the trip consisted of bikinis, short shorts and barely-there crop tops - all the things I have been deprived of for the last couple years of my relationship. In fact, most of the items still had price tags on them and I couldn't wait to rip them off as the trip continued. 

For the trip I went with a black mini dress that had daisies all over, it tied above my chest and produced a decent amount of boobage. Finished with straightened hair and gold accessories I was ready for summer.

The looks I got on the bus were hilarious, so many confused Brits as my exposed skin heavily contradicted the current storm we were facing outside. The bus ride plus flight time was about 5 hours, so it wasn't a very long trip and I decided that since I was flying privately I wouldn't be as uncomfortable on the plane and I would be landing in France, one of the fashion capitals in the world... I didn't want to disappoint or miss an opportunity to use one of my Many designer handbags.

The captain introduced himself to me as I entered the hanger. He introduced me to the staff and the hot AF co-captain. 

"G'day Ms Parks, don't you worry bout a thing today. Mr Hulkenberg is a frequent client of mine and he urged me to take extra special care of you," besides being as I said hot AF I didn't escape me that he donned an Australian accent. Great another Aussie. Exactly what I needed - I just wanted this travel time to myself where I was clear of all things Ricciardo related, but no. The one other male I could possibly be interested in and if I may so broadly say, flirting with me is fucking Australian. 

Calm down, Alexia

Calm down, Alexia. It's a coincidence... Don't be ridiculous he's good enough to eat. Have some fun, you're on holiday for fuck's sake!

"Hi, I would expect nothing less," I added a cheeky wink as I passed him on the stairs. My phone buzzed a couple of minutes before so I got it out when I finally settled on the plane.

1 New Message - Fucking Ricciardo

Hi, Alexia heard you're making your way to us today. I hope that we can meet up while you're here. It's been a while..

Not who what I was expecting to say the least, but better than I thought it would be... This could either be a good thing or goodbye for good... okay not for good, I'm being dramatic, but you know what I mean. 

I took a deep breath looking up from my phone; Charlie, my personal caretaker, was looking at me out of the corner of his eye and smirked when our eyes met. I covered my smile with my bent hand as I raised my arm to lean on the table in front of me, I may have covered my smile, but I knew he could clearly see the pink in my cheeks. I shook my head and got back to typing this damn message.