Chapter 35 - Begin Again

This chapter goes out to all my loyal followers who come back and spread their love every week, I love you guys! <3

Alexia POV

Whatever this heavenly cloud that is encasing my body with fluffy comfiness is, I'm never leaving. Wait, Jamie's sheets don't feel like this! 

Where the shit am I? 

Dead still I slowly begin opening my eyes, but still, don't really recognise anything and then it hits me. His scent is irrefutable and delicious. When I close my eyes last night's events and conversations run through my head like a stuck record, but I come up short thinking of how I got here. I'm in Daniel's bed.

I'm in DANIEL'S bed!

I slide my hands over my boobs then wiggle my butt just enough to feel the fabric from the bedding and whatever I was wearing, rub together... Phewww! Next, I creep my foot out to inspect the other side of the bed, but nothing... Maybe he got up early? Maybe he didn't sleep here at all...

"I didn't. I put you to bed and slept on the couch," he snorts. "What the- Daniel you freak! You scared the shit out of me!" I fling the covers off my chest to reveal a very proud looking badger at the end of the bed. 

This, of course, makes him burst into a fit of laughter. "You're ridiculous, you know that," I say while pulling the duvet back over my head.

"Shit, Jamie! I didn't tell him I wasn't coming home." I feel the bed beside me dip. "Actually, you sent him a text last night letting him know." While I was drunk? This can't be good. "Oh no." I groan into the pillow.

"Relax, you didn't say anything about me or where you were, just that you'd be sleeping out." He pulls the covers off of me, that panty-dropping smile ever-present. I can't help but smile back at the fool. "Oh, good. So about last night," changing the topic while my brain still functions. Damn, I could get lost in his eyes...

"I mean I can remember most of it, but it gets a little fuzzy towards the end of the night," still trying to deduce how I came to be in his bed. "Yeah well, three bottles of red will do that," he laughs under his breath, "Well, you fell asleep on the couch, so I got you up, found something for you to wear. You then insisted on wearing the shirt I had on, so I gave it to you and put you to bed. Your pants were still on when I left. I um, didn't want you to get the wrong idea, so I decided to sleep on the couch." He looks away for a second, breaking eye contact. 

"Oh, okay," I say softly nodding.

"Yeah, you know, we were both alil trashed and it just didn't seem like a good idea to be in the same bed so-" stumbling on his words, he struggles to finish his thought. 

"Yeah, no. It makes sense. Good call." I say sitting up feeling awkward after hearing that. "I should get going on that note, I'm sure you have plans and I don't want to be a bother. I know you didn't plan on me staying over." Trying to shuffle my way past him.

"What? Lex no man, If you were a bother you wouldn't be here and no, I don't have plans. I did before my folks plane got delayed, but now I just want to take it easy before they get here. Besides, I haven't really gotten to see much of you so I'm glad you stayed," his hand on my shoulder stops me from passing. "I actually wanted to take you somewhere, but it's raining, so that'll have to wait."

"Yeah? Well, we could finish the rest of that movie from last night?" I suggest.

"Nah, they're both shit. I think we need to choose movies before we start drinking," his laugh is contagious, but when it stops the silence is deafening.