Chapter 38 - A Day Out

Jen's flight got bumped up so I've borrowed Jamie's car to go and fetch her at the airport and from there we're going straight to lunch on the beach. Walking into arrivals had me all kinds of anxious, firstly to see her - I guess that would be more relief than anything else, but then again I do have to tell her about Charlie and then of course Daniel.

Every doubt I had washed away as I stood there with a chauffeur sign that read "OVERDUE BESTIE" and Jen sprinted towards me tripping over the luggage she dropped on her way over. 

"Finally!" She yelled while tackling me to the floor. I'm pretty sure we had the entire airport starting at the scene before them, but neither of us cared. It was a beautiful moment and inner me was dancing like the red-dressed woman on Whatsapp.

"Come on, let's leave these normal people, get you into a bikini and onto a beach," I laughed gathering her bags and leading the way to the car. "Miles ahead of you kid," she pulled her shirt down revealing her low-cut black bikini top. "I knew there was a reason I picked you," with a wink we headed straight to Plage du Larvotto Beach.

We perched at the bar with colourful cocktails while the staff got our cabana ready. If we were going to do this, we're going to do it right! "Now I don't want to call them 'cabana boys', but dayyyym these cabana boys are fine as fuck!"

"Thank you ma'am," Frans, our personally assigned caretaker winked our way as he passed us. We laughed so hard at his sudden reply that we almost lost the contents of our cocktail glasses. "Speaking of which, you have shit to tell me, missy. Was it Daniel or the pilot?"

"You mean Charlie?" I blush so hard every time is say his name...

"OMG! You had a dirty little sheet wrestle, didn't you!?" She practically screamed as we were ushered toward our cabana. This, of course, wasn't helping my blushing cheeks.

"OMG, stop. No, I didn't," I said moving her ridiculous excitement."

"Seriously? You had a hot piece of ass all to yourself, that you actually wanted and didn't hook up with him? Why?"

Here comes the part I'm most anxious about, as blushy as Charlie made me Dan takes the cake, so my face if you can picture it, was a mixture of doubt and giddy. 

"Um, well I wasn't really looking forward to a lecture from my brother or Nico for doing the walk of shame but believe me it was hard to walk away from him. It would've never worked though his job is too busy and so is mine."

"Yeah, I'm sure it was, well at least you had some romance while you were away. I, on the other hand, have had none and I'm sick of it. We need to find guys we can double date with. We should go out tonight, all of us!"

"Yeah about that... I kinda have something else to tell you, but be nice okay. It's new and I'm," I smiled like an idiot picturing the way he looks at me. "IMSEEINGDAN!"

She was shocked, like medically. She wasn't moving and I started counting between blinks to make sure I hadn't sent her into a coma. "Say that again slowly." She tried to keep a straight face but then, the corner of her mouth twitched. 

I knew, all this anxiety over telling her was a complete waste of my time, she's got me.

She squealed and then very loudly called Frans to bring us shots, champagne and a new round of cocktails. I told her everything and answered all her questions. "No, we didn't. I really care about him and this feels very special so I didn't want anything to happen before we knew where things were heading or before anyone else knew."

"So I'm the first!?" I nodded. "OMG! Jamie is going to murder him!!"

"Yeah I'm aware and so is Daniel. He wanted to do the honourable thing and tell him or 'ask permission' or whatever but I'm his sister so I thought it'd be better coming from me and of course now that you know... maybe you'll help me tell him tonight? Soften the blow.." I batted my eyelashes at her and pouted.