Chapter 3 - Girl's Night

I'm exhausted! It's been two weeks since our first day back at the factory and I've been running around like a chicken without a head planning the first 6 months of social content for our media platforms. Ryan and Jamie have gone out pretty much every two days since that weekend and I really just need some normalcy and structure in this house.

Now I know I mentioned I don't really hang out with any girls and that's true – with one exception.

Jen, my best friend in the whole world. The same one from the admin department at Renault from the first day at the company we were inseparable. There's just some things you can't really talk to boys about - even as close as we are. With Jamie only leaving next weekend, the closest thing to sanity would be a night out with her away from the frat house I call home at the moment.

I got up from my desk and snuck off into the Admin department. Finally reaching her desk.

"Hello, my love"

"My darling", I smiled. She just gets me, I swear if it weren't for Ryan, Jen and I would be married.

"I need sanity," I said, maybe a bit too loudly as my tone lifted a couple of heads around us.

"What can I do for you?" she said while giggling at the reaction we just received.

"Girls night tonight, please. Nico, Jamie and Ryan are going to play some PS4. Got some new game or something I don't know" I rolled my eyes "I was going to join them, but wine and movies seem like a much better option. Besides I haven't seen you, just us, in a long time I nee-" She cut me off with her hand on my mouth.

"You had me at girl's night. Sounds good Lex. I miss you too. " She said with that angelic smile of hers. I smiled in gratitude as I crumpled on her desk in front of me. My head making a loud thump on the wood. Earning a second round of heads popping up from their computers. "What's going on with you girly? I thought you'd be in a much better mood with Jamie being home and the promotion at work."

"I'll tell you later, too many ears", eyeing one of the woman who was still staring in our direction. I got up from my seat. Jen gave me a wink and I returned to my work.

-

In the cafeteria, Mike called me over to sit with him to eat, so I complied and initiated small talk. Mike is drop dead gorgeous in my opinion, but I had never had the opportunity to explore that side of my feelings when it came to him or any other man really.

Besides the rumours, I'd heard via the grapevine was that he was a player and I'm not the kind of girl you hump and dump. That is at least one great thing I can say about Ryan. He would never cheat on me, yes we definitely have our share of problems, but he's too scared to cheat on me, knowing what Jamie would do if he ever found out.

"So how's the new position miss Head of Marketing"

"Social Media, actually and great thanks. Just a lot of work seeing as it's a new position and all. I'm just trying to make it through the day at this stage"

"Yeah, understandable, but at least we'll get to spend a lot more time together on the road. You have no idea what's ahead of you kid. Travelling and seeing the world. It's really something to be proud of. Not everyone makes the cut." He says genuinely.

"Thank you, I really appreciate that coming from someone like you and hey, I'm not that much younger than you!" Annoyed by his new nickname for me. Only my brother gets to call me that and Nic of course. "I'm really excited"

"I know, I'm only playing with you Lexi." He says with an apologetic, but playful grin on his face.

"hmm mm" I hum while taking a bite of my croissant

-

"Red or white?" I call from the kitchen, ready to poor Jen and myself our third glass of wine.

"Red, I'm feeling randy" She giggles from the couch. I smile as I see her blonde hair flowing over the back of the couch. Pink PJs on with bright yellow nail polish in her hand. She painting her toes, but it's not going to end up too great if she carries on down her randy road"

"Shouldn't you finish that up before taking another sip?" I'm barely sat on the couch before her glass is ripped from my hand and brought to her mouth. "Or at least ask for some assistance miss randy pants" I tease as I knock her with my elbow. She completely misses her nail. Ha ha ha!!

"Ey – That's not nice Alexia!" She puts a lot more emphasis on the "lex" of my name when she says it, trying to sound mad. I laugh and lean forward to grab the polish brush out of her hand and continue her pedicure.

"So tell me" she continues, taking another sip of wine "What's got you all frazzled?"

Reluctant to start this conversation I begin. "Well for starters have you seen this house it's an absolute mess. The boys are in and out of here like a hotel and Alexia the maid is left to clean up after them" She doesn't say anything, instead waits for me to continue. She knows this is just the surface layer of everything on my mind. This girl can read me like and I hate it sometimes. 

"It's Ryan, The night before Jamie arrived he didn't come home. I couldn't get hold of him. It was terrible and I had so much to do in this house before the dinner." I continued to tell her everything that was going on with the two of us.

When it came to the part about him just ignoring me after sex, she had to cut me short because I was sobbing and nothing I was saying was making any sense. She offered me advice and changed the subject to Daniel, who of course she and apparently everyone else knows, I have a slight thing for.

"It's nothing, He's kind and a good guy, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. It's Daniel Freaking Ricciardo. I wouldn't stand a chance, not even if I was single." I said sighing dramatically.

"Hey now! You, my friend, are instamodel beautiful. He'd be lucky to have someone like you under his arm, don't play yourself down like that!"

"Speak for yourself, blondy. You're the one who gyms 70 times a week. We rattled off throwing compliments at each other and finishing my wine stash. The red and the white.