Chapter 7 - Group Date

Jen came over at about 4 pm, 2 hours before we planned to meet everyone at the pub. I had started to bring her around to the idea of Daniel and her in subtle comments throughout the afternoon. She was put off at first because she thinks she's completely out of his league. I told her not to be stupid, that Daniel is just a normal guy who happens to be famous for something he's good at. I curled her long blonde hair and we're both busy with our make up.

I'm going for a more natural look as I usually do while Jen decided on a deeper lip with subtle eyes. 'The more intriguing those lips were the better', I said to her while she was deciding.

I'm going with a dusty blue satin cam and my boyfriend jeans and I let Jen wear one of my off the shoulder dresses and a black choker. She looks gorgeous as usual. "You sure it's not too much?" she looks at herself in the mirror analyzing every detail.

"Jen for the last time you are absolutely breathtaking, you make me rethink my appearance when you do this and I'm not even the one looking to impress tonight." She looks at me with her eyes rolling towards the back of her head, I swear she's going to fall over the way she tilts her body. I take out my phone a snap a picture of her laughing.

"I'm kind of nervous." She's running around packing her bag for the night.

"Don't be it's just us and if all else fails we have Erin there to entertain us, with the way she's going to disapprove of everything we do ourselves. Come on. It'll be fun. We're running late. The boys are almost there and Ryan is meeting us in an hour or so."

"Ahh, so that's why you get to wear that top tonight, huh?" Referring to my extra cleavage.

"I don't know what you're talking about, besides it's just the guys and you. It's not like I'm going to have hundreds of young male sudoers throwing themselves at me at our bar table." I'm starting to get really annoyed at Ryan's constant need to control my wardrobe. I'm a big girl, I'll dress how like like. Besides, he met me while I dressed like this and didn't have anything to say about it back then. We make our way downstairs and into the taxi. Ryan's bringing his car so there's no point in taking two.

As we walk in I see Jamie at the bar, I walk to greet him. Jen in tow looking nervous as ever. "Hey bro, you're looking good tonight." I raised my eyebrows a couple times

"You know that's creepy right, especially because your my sister, but you're looking stunning as always. Who is your friend?" Referring to Jen, I stare at him as if he just sprouted an extra head. "What?"

"Jen, you know my brother"

"What? Yeah of course. Hey, James" She steps forward and gives him a huge hug, before he grabs her arms and pushes her away from him.

"Jennifer? Wow, you look incredible!" he says, quite bewildered.

"Yes... It's me. Thank you... I guess..?" She's gone completely red in the cheeks and the interaction between the two of them is quite cute, I won't lie.

The strange moment is interrupted by clicking of heels followed by the sickly sweet smell of Erin's perfume. "Jennifer?" Shock evident in her voice.

"Erin." Jen says in reply. It doubles as a greeting. Jen has no intention of saying more to the girl than absolutely necessary.

"You look different" Geez, is it just me or is it getting chilly in here? They aren't going to be friends anytime soon it would seem.

"Hi Erin." Trying to defuse the standoff in front of me. I have to be nice I promised Jamie I would try with her.

"Hi, nice top." She says as she looks directly at my cleavage like I'm competition for your boyfriend? Please! I'm his sister!

I gave her a tight-lipped smile. I tried, rolling my eyes I saunter off into the seating area in search of my boys. They were sitting at a booth in the far right corner. All in collared dress shirts. Dan was looking dashing in a black plaid, Nico in dark blue. "Well, hello there boys." I laugh - that was not as sexy as I envisioned it to be. facepalm