Chapter 40 - Bubble Bubble

Once the girls had ransacked my apartment and Egel left with Nico, Jen and I decided she should probably go check in at her hotel now that it was ready. Because of our meticulous planning, her hotel was just a few blocks away from the apartment so we decided to take a walk despite Jamie's efforts to drive us. He was relentless and made the executive decision to tag along. Secretly, I wanted this time to air out my anxieties for the night ahead without any interruptions, but clearly that wasn't going to happen and to make things worse, a familiar face caught my eye as we were crossing the sidewalk.

"Grace!" I gasped at the sight of her, she was gathering suitcases so that the concierge could pack them into the car... Daniel's car... which means...

"Hi Doll-" she responded but was cut short by none other than Dan the man himself. "Lex! Hey!?" His eyes were wide with surprise and they went just that much more when his eyes landed on Jen and Jamie. "Hey, guys! Jen babe, how you going?" This Australian phrase always bugged me, so I made a face and he laughed at me knowing it. I mean really now, how you going? What does that even mean?

"Not bad and yourself? I was about to ask you where you've been, but I see now," she said walking towards Grace's open arms. They all got caught in conversation. All except for Daniel and I. His eyes were glued to mine, my heart started to race and when I couldn't stand the tension any longer I looked away.

"Oh, there you are, Papa Joe. I was looking for you!" I smiled when he appeared from behind the crowd. "My dear girl, I had no idea you were here. Daniel, you muppet? Why didn't you tell us?" He cussed his son. Daniel's eyes were still on me when he answered his father. "Oh, Pops, you know I don't like to share. If she was here I'd never see you two. It's always Alexia this, Alexi that." He rolled his eyes as he imitated his parents' voices. This caused us all to laugh.

"Oh, Jealous are we?" I winked at Daniel with a smile. "Well yeah I am, they are my parents."

"Babes," Jen called out to me "We should get moving, don't want to sit while they find me another room cause mine was given to someone else." I nodded in agreement.

He walked behind me and spoke softly so that only I could hear, "Let me just get them loaded and I'll walk with you."

"Okay," I whispered back feeling my cheeks warm when his arm trailed along my lower back. He grabbed a handful of my dress which caused it to constrict my waist and when he let go a wetness made me clench my legs together. Damit Daniel Not fair. I shook my head and caught up to my brother.

JENNIFER POV

It had been bugging me for weeks and it was slowly starting to drive me insane. I imagine this is how she felt last night when she eventually told Jamie about seeing Daniel. It started off as casual flirting when he was in the UK a month ago. We went out a few times after work, sometimes with other colleagues, sometimes without. When we first kissed I pushed him away knowing that although it was a nice thought, being with my best friend's brother was not an option.

When he returned home to Monaco, I thought it was over, he stopped replying as much and I went on with work, but when I saw him yesterday I knew it was far from. After Lex had passed out and the house grew quiet I snuck into his room as softly as I could. He was waiting at his door and the minute it closed behind me he grabbed me by my waist and locked me in his kiss. Fumbling for the edge of my nightgown he pulled me into bed.

We had to set an alarm so that I could slip back in beside Lex. This had gone too far and I was now at a crossroads where I either fess up to everything or tell Jamie that we couldn't see each other any longer. "Hey, my favourite little HR agent." I smiled it was Daniel, he must be following us to the hotel now. More the merrier! "Hey Dan, how you been?" I asked as he slipped his arm around my shoulders. I tried to let Alexia catch up to Jamie in front of us so we could have a little pow wow without other ears, not that I wouldn't tell her everything he said, but whatever.