Chapter 23 - The Rain in Spain

"Trust me?"

It took me a minute of looking into his eyes for the answer to realise it was something I needed to decipher for myself.

"Yes, I do," without hesitation. A small smile appeared when I answered and an unspoken promise was made. He would never hurt me.

"Okay, well then come on. Suns about to start setting."

We got up and left in quite a hurry, he took my hand as we were now running down the passage. I laughed with him the entire way to the room. He unlocked the door and pushed me in. "What the hell, Daniel?"

"No time for questions, get dressed woman!" He demanded

"Geeez, bossy much?"

"Just go!"

I ran up the stairs into the bathroom where my suitcase was still situated from before and then stopped when I realised I had no idea what I was getting dressed for. 

"Daniel, where are we going? What do I wear? And don't say 'clothes' that's not helpful!" I shouted through the door.

"Fuck, I don't know! It's still hot, but the wind might pick up. We'll be outside... If that helps."

Not at all, I sighed and looked at what I had left to wear. Pjs, work dress, yellow suit, today's clothes - but Dan said it's going to get colder and a bandeau doesn't exactly cover much from the wind... "Dan, I don't have any clean clothes left!" 

Shit. Ohh lightbulb! I poked my neck out the door. "Do you have a t-shirt for me to borrow?"

"Of mine?" looking completely lost

"No, Daniel of your girlfriends. Yes, yours!?"

"Damn, she's feisty!"

"Well do you?" No time for games, this is serious shit.

"Like this?" he pulled out, a half-folded, white t-shirt.

"Just like that!" I pulled my arm out, from behind the door I was keeping against me to cover my nakedness, to catch it.

"I only wore it earlier, if that's okay?" he asked, unsure if I still wanted it.

"Even better." I was just so desperate to get clothes on I didn't realise what I was saying. Shit. I looked at him and he already had an eyebrow raised and a stupid grin. Cheeky shit. "Oh shush, Can you please just chuck it here?"

"If you want I could spray some more of my cologne on it? Or do you prefer my natural musk?" Grinning from ear to ear, knowing how badly he's caused me to blush.

"Just give me the damn shirt, Ricciardo!" Growing super impatient and desperately needing to find a corner to cower in.

"I don't know ey, you seem to be so desperate, you'd do anything for it ey." He laid back on the bed with the shirt in his hand, "Maybe you should come get it," quirking that stupidly handsome eyebrow and looking even hotter with his abs on display for me. 

I smelt trouble and my heart started to race at the direction this conversation was taking. If I didn't calm down I'd have a fucking panic attack, over goddamn abs of all things! Control yourself damn it!

I looked behind me into the bathroom to take a deep breathe and gather my thoughts. This is not funny anymore, why does he affect me so much? Furthermore, why can't I fucking control my hormones? "Forget it" I closed the door and walked back to my suitcase to rummage through it. I had barely managed to get there when there was a knock on the bathroom door.