39: That's what hurt the most

Mina POV

After getting lost, I finally reached the av room where they were.

Reaching the spot I found everyone, in the sense, the six Bangtans and the three ladies, talking about...something....

"Hey everyone! Is the couple inside?" I smiled and went for the doorknob.

"Don't you dare, Mina" Yoongi held her hand and resisted me opening the door.

My smile faded away as I noticed everyone giving me a cold glance.

"What happened guys? Did anything--

"You have a lot to explain Mina....We never knew Taehyung was 'brought' by you and your, grandma?" Namjoon straightway pointed it out.

"Hyung, please, can it be not now--" Jungkook lowered his voice, yet clearly audible.

"Shut up Kookie! You're still young!" Jim scolded him.

I smile , not a cheerful one but a sad one......

Finally.....

"Follow me you all" and Jungkook was the one to lead. 

As we wandered around the corridor, I start with my explanation.

"Taehyung, Y/N, Areum, Jaehee, Jihyun and I, were all the students of the same school..."

"But you all won't know me...yeah you won't..... Because I was a great introvert"

"Before Taehyung and Y/N's relationship.... Taehyung and I, we were really good friends... And it was a mistake to develop feelings for him, on the way, anyways...."

"You had feelings for him? You have it now as well?" Jungkook, hurt yet concerned, asked.

"No Kookie, I lost it all..." I saw him looking down and nod. "

"He used to say, how Y/N became his crush...what he would do with her if she accepted his proposal...and so on and on and on...."

"So I didn't really like Y/N back then. I do now..because its my profession I need to be professional."

"Soon my importance got replaced with her. But I didn't complain at all....except for crying away my tears all night and getting my pillow wet, because, being his best friend, I respect his decision"

"But one day....when the accident took place...I found my chance.....I thought maybe....just maybe, fate wants 'US' to be together. But that didn't happen.....I was beaten once again by Y/N. She came back again.... And I lost everything"

"You should be knowing, that Taehyung was never yours" Jihyun said with a cold voice.

Facing my back to them, a tear rolled down.

"That's what hurt the most...."

"I understand Mina....you loved him...cared for him.... But you also need to move on now...don't you think?" Jungkook came to face me.

"There are people around you who wants a girl like you....your beauty attracts them.....your words seem like a symphony to them...why don't you look at them instead of grimacing on what you have lost?"

I understood what me meant by that. But it's just that...we didn't have any dates  or a full form communication after he confessed me his feelings.

But he is absolutely right..... Why grimace upon things that are already lost? And now, I have Jungkook by my side...don't I?

"So? Wanna grab a bite together?" Jungkook smirked flicking his eyebrows.

That stare gave birth to an innumerable butterflies and I felt shiver running through my spine.