Blessin' to Me

She ain't realize that she was a blessing

-phora

I looked at myself in the mirror, I pinched my belly, I hated being heavier than other girls. I hated knowing I was never pretty enough for Oscar.

I groaned and threw myself on the bed, at least one thing loved me.

"Baby girl, are you alright?" asked Oscar laying down next to me, massaging my back.

I turned my face away from him, "I feel fat, I am fat, how do you even like me?"

Oscar scoffed, "You are not fat. So what if you have some stomach? I honestly love it. I have more to hug. Overall you have more personality than some other rucas, that's why I'm dating you."

"Really? Are you just saying that because you're my boyfriend?"

"Stop, I'm saying it because it's true. Whoever told you-you're not pretty?" asked Oscar

I hated talking about my past but I knew he needed to know. I sighed and finally talked.

"Since I was a little kid, everyone always had somethin' to say. It hurt but I soon accepted it."

"They're fuckin' locos (crazy). If someone ever tells you somethin' I'll shoot them," said Oscar

"I know you will, but you already have one strike, don't use the other two on me."

"That's exactly who I would use them on," replied Oscar messing up my hair.

I patted it down and puckered my lips out, "Gimmie kiss."

Oscar leaned in and kissed my lips, I can't believe I ended up with the nicest boyfriend ever.

"You're a blessin' to me," said Oscar looking at me with affection