Daddy Issues

I sat across Oscar's table, I scrolled through my Instagram feed, he was on a phone call with one of his homies.

"Okay I'll see you later," said Oscar as he hanged up.

Suddenly Cesar came inside running, "Hey! Hey! Hey! There's a dude posted up outside."

Oscar pushed Cesar out of the way and grabbed his gun, I followed them outside.

"Hey, get back inside!" yelled Oscar towards us.

We hid behind the wall as he cocked the gun, he looked at the middle-aged man and he relaxed when he saw who it was.

"Oscar? Who's that?"

"Yeah, who is that?" asked Cesar

"Our father," replied Oscar going back inside.

I ran after him, he never talked about his parents with me, I knew it hurt him.

"Babe, did you know he got out?"

"I think if I fucking knew I wouldn't let him come near my fucking house (y/n)." hissed Oscar

I put my hands up, "This isn't a good moment so I'm just going to leave."

I opened the door near;y bumping into Oscar's father, "Sorry, good luck in there."

(Time Skip)

It's been a few weeks and Oscar has been avoiding me, I knew he was getting drunk with the uninvited appearance from his dad. I decided to go over to his house and talk it out.

I opened the door since I had keys and made my way inside, I was looking at my phone the whole time I didn't realize his dad was on the sofa, shirtless.

"Oh shit, sorry I thought Oscar was home."

"No, it's fine. He had some business to handle. I'm Ray." said Ray shaking my hand

I cleared my throat, "I'll wait in his room. It was nice meeting you."

"Hey, I want to get to know you, sit down," said Ray pointing to the table.

I nodded and sat down, "Thank you."

"You want a beer? Are you old enough?" asked Ray popping open a beer

"I'm twenty but I'll take one."

"What's your name?" asked Ray, "Are you my son's hyna?

"I'm (y/n). And yeah I hope so. If I don't seem to forward when did you get out?"

"Yesterday, I have a job in Bakersfield but I decided to visit my kids first," said Ray taking a sip from his beer.

I took a sip from mine when Oscar opened the door, he saw his dad and me sitting on the table drinking. He rolled his eyes and headed towards his room.

"Fuck. It was nice meeting you Ray but your son is overdramatic and I have to go talk to him."

He smiled and waved me goodbye. I opened Oscar's room, he was rolling up a blunt, he didn't bother to look up.

"Oscar. Man Oscar?" I said sitting down next to him.

I kissed his cheek, and he sighed and put down his tray.

"The fuck was that?" asked Oscar

"What're you talking about? I can't talk to your dad?"

"You don't know what he's capable of! Drinking?! What if you get drunk and he does something huh?" yelled Oscar

"He doesn't seem like that, he was very respectful Oscar. You, on the other hand, has been ignoring me when you need to talk to me about how you're feeling!"

"What?! That he fucking left me with Cesar and I had to raise him or that he left me with my fucking crackhead mother who abused us?! He was never a dad to me and will never b-be." said Oscar he started tearing up.

I wrapped my arms around his body, he let tears fall onto my shirt making it moist up, I didn't mind he needed this.

"Ssh you're okay. Baby you don't need to hide your feelings that's why I'm here. We can work with this."

He hugged me tightly, he didn't wanna talk he just needed me here with him.