CHAPTER 39: REUNITED

Hi!, how are you?" I asked

"I'm good, how are you too"

He momentarily met my eyes to answer only to continue ogling.

"You smell nice" he complimented
"Thanks but what becomes of our marriage? "
I asked

He did not respond

"Mudi!"
I said pouting. It was the first time I said him name in his presence. It had always been my beloved or some other endearing name.
I was being serious, he needs to understand that.

" nothing is final, Ladidi, my sweet sweet love, you shall be my wife and that is a promise" he said with a mischievous grin.

" but, what about your parents? " I asked, concerned

"I can handle my parents" he replied

"Mudi, don't ever Give up on us. It worries me that whenever I leave for town, you just give up on us. I even bought a phone so we could keep in touch."

I said as I turned around, arms folded pouting. Giving him a good view of my behind. Just then the veil that was dangling on my right shoulder fell on the ground, I bent to pick it up, taking my time to do it slowly of course. I wasn't in a rush at all.

I turned around to face him, it was time for me to put forward my demand. My eyes were arrested by his beautiful brown ones adorned by those long beautiful black lashes curved upward, his gaze lowered to my lips, feeling his gaze I instinctively bit my lower lip.

" I need a commitment before I go back to town. Traditional greeting, or a wedding date should be set. "

His eyes lingered on my lip for a while. Then he lowered his gaze to my cleavage, I heaved.

It was a reflex action I couldn't control, what was happening to me?! He smiled and just continued the sinful assault with his eyes, even his gaze is hypnotising.

We were quiet for a while, only my heavy breathing caused by his intent gaze was audible.

I raised my henna dyed finger and insert it between my teeth as I rock my body from side to side.

"Wait" he said in hushed voice. He raised his hand to my face and touched the dot I made with the eyeliner. My skin tingled where he touched me, my heart beats erratically in my chest. I closed my eyes as I felt his touch intensely.

Slowly he lowered his finger to my chin.
Then he withdrew his finger and asked "what is this?"
I wished he will not stop, I yearned for his touch again. It took me a moment to register what he was saying.

"I, I I don't know" I say trying to regain my composure.
He laughs
I felt embarrassed at my behavior. I covered my face in my palms, I walked away from him to the back of the tree, I faced the tree still covering my face. Mudi came and stood behind me laughing.

I did no say anything to him.
"Ladi, please face me"
"Let me see your beautiful face again" He coos
"Stop punishing my poor heart, let me have a glimpse of your beautiful radiant face, my love"
I ignored him
"Oh! How I missed you. I can't get enough of you. Come on turn around, let my heart find peace." He continues.

I turned still closing my eyes, I walked away from him, while he watched me.
Dramatically, I turned around. Slowly, I sauntered over to him. He stayed glued in his spot.

I came really close to him. We were inches apart. Then I stood, I looked into his eyes, but I couldn't handle the intensity of it so I looked away.

I moved my hands towards his and let our skin graze. Mudi's breath was rattled. His eyes were still ogling my body.
I turned around and said "goodbye Mudi"

"Wait!" He said
But I kept walking in quick paces as I giggled.

"Ladi" he called out
I just ignored him and ran, I went home in a euphoric state.
Our meeting made me feel certain of our eventual marriage.