CHAPTER 44: THE END

With the enthusiasm of a new bride and insatiable thirst for a married life, i waited for my husband to be back. He was still out with his friend and will be back soon.

Heavy tears, Silently rolled down my cheeks at the realization of being Mudis wife. A tittle I had longed for, a tittle I wanted more than anything else. Now its mine and I claim it.
I stood up from the my bed. It felt good. This room is entirely mine. I walked towards the tiny window in our room and looked beyond, lost in the thought of the pleasantries of my current and future life.
Then i saw my husband and his friends approaching. I quickly wiped the tears with the back of my hands so that i can look beautiful for my husband. I positioned my self on the edge of the bed. I drew my veil so it covers my face.
Then i heard his salam. I answered coyly and he entered. His smile was radiant. He looked at me and said
“My wife, my love, my heartbeat” he paused i can feel his gaze on me.
“Please come and say hi to our well wishers, before they leave”
“Okay” was all i said
He went out and i followed behind. Heads bowed, i knelt a little as i greeted them. They were very nice, they teased mudi for being too enthusiastic to come back home, to his bride, little did they know i was more eager that he ever can be.  I went back in and Mudi saw them out.

Then i heard his footsteps. I rose, he was in the room. I felt a joy i never felt in my entire life. I had always wondered what my happiest moment in life will be. No doubt, this is it. I felt like a man lost in a desert who was almost certain he will die of thirst but then he saw an oasis ahead.
I rose my head to face what is now mine forever. No doubt our eyes met for he was admiring his bride. Time stood still. He moved closer to me, majestically as my heart beats erratically in my chest. I did not move, i just lowered my head in submission. When he was close enough he stopped. I looked to his eyes again. The eyes that melt my heart. With those mesmerizing eyelashes, he looked at me as if i was an exotic delicious meal, he savoured every inch of me with his eyes.  Then he caressed my cheeks with his manly hands. He stroked my cheeks and i smiled.
“You are a beauty to behold Ladi. My wife, you are a thief for you have stolen my heart.”
Again, He slides his hand across my face and he stopped, his thumb touching my lips. I sucked his thumb lightly, it was his turn to smile. It felt good. His heart beat increased, i could see his chest heaving. Then i threw myself and embraced my world without feeling the sting of sin, for today i was legally his and he legally mine.
“I am complete today. My heartbeat, today you are mine as i am yours, how many nights I dreamed of this day, how many prayers I said for this eventuality. Praise be to God who can make the impossible possible, Who has made you my husband today”
As i embrace him and he held me in his strong muscled hands, his hands roaming around my body, I closed my eyes in approval. Still holding him.
I raised my head to meet his gaze, he then said
“I am lucky to have you as a wife, for today at this very moment I hold my life, my wife in my arms. Destiny have made you mine, the very blood that gushes through my manly veins” 
I tighten my grip on him, as if someone may snatch him away from me. He chuckled at my action.
“we shall be together forever” I said coyly
Then I let my hands explore the body of Mudi, a living work of art. He lowered his head and I raised mine. Eyes locked into a mesmerizing trance he moved closer and I tilted my head as I closed my eyes waiting for the lawful magic to happen. His lips met mine and I felt a tidal current of pleasure radiate through every inch of my body. I got lost in him, and let Mudi do his magic.

My future has been settled. I am married. Our romance shall now start. As i let myself get lost in him, i imagine my future with him full of romantic gestures just like i had seen so many times in movies, except ours would be better. We shall make history, stories shall be told of our never ending love. Revered by even the most romantic souls.
I have make my mark in this world. Even if i shall die today i will have no regrets. It is said that once a woman is married all her previous sins will be forgiven. So, shall i die today, i shall meet my Lord brand new, with no taint of sin. I felt thankful.
I don’t know what life is after marriage, but i had imagined it so much that i felt confident it will be the best life ever. All my people had been preaching “patience” as the requisite value in marriage. What is there to be patient about? Aren’t we married for love? Love conquers all. Love may be our weakness but it is also our strength. What more will i seek for out of life? My life will be magical I’m sure of it.

THE END

AUTHORS NOTE:
Thank You all for reading and for being patient with the updates. The journey of Ladi as a single Ladi is over. Perhaps in the future we may explore her married life. Would she find marriage as She always imagine? Only time will tell.