50. never said I was

I go out with Ezra one more time before the week ends. We watch a movie this time. I have a good time but I look forward to seeing Josh on Saturday.

Turns out, when Josh said 'take you out on Saturday' he meant the whole day and I don't realize this until he shows up at nine in the morning. I'm wearing shorts with a T-shirt when I open the door. My hair is up in a messy ponytail. I'm pretty sure I look like a mess.

"Josh," I say in surprise when I see him outside. He's wearing jeans with a maroon T-shirt. Wow. I really love how that tattoo looks on him.

He looks at me and smiles. "Hey."

"What are you doing here? I thought we were going out later."

He shrugs. "I couldn't wait to see you so I decided to come. I hope you don't mind."

I smile. "No, it's fine."

"Here," He says handing me a flower bouquet that he is holding.

"Thank you," I say taking them from him. "Come on in."

"You look good," He says as he walks in.

I laugh. "Stop lying. I was just about have breakfast, hope you're hungry."

"I'm always hungry."

I smile. "Sit. I'll serve you."

He sits down on one of the stools, the same one where he was the last time he was here. I can feel his eyes on me as I serve us breakfast. I made eggs with chorizo and beans. I serve us a cup of coffee as well.

"Thank you," He says when I place the plate in front of him. I just smile at him as I sit down next to him. Savannah is home but she's sleeping. She doesn't get home from work until like two in the morning when it's her turn to close.

"How was your week?" He asks as we eat.

"It was good. How was yours?"

"Busy," He says. "I had to work extra shifts, that's why I didn't come during the week."

"You don't have to explain yourself to me. I know your job is demanding."

He looks at me. "I won't be working there anymore. I asked for my transfer."

My eyes widen in surprise. "What? What do you mean?"

"I'm moving."

My heart sinks. Is he letting me go again? No. God. Please no. "Where to?" I ask setting my spoon down.

He half smiles. "Here. I want to be closer to you so I could spend more time with you."

I look at him for a moment, shocked. "Josh, you don't have to do that."

"I know. I want to. I'm serious about you, Natalie."

"But your job. How is your dad going to feel that you're leaving?"

"I told my father a few days ago when I asked for my transfer. He told me he's proud of me for fighting for what I love," his eyes are intense as he looks into mine. "You."

My eyes travel around his face involuntarily. I can't believe he's serious about this. He's leaving his job and everything in Portland to come here. For me. I think that he knows that if we spend more time together, then I'll eventually go back to him. This is only the second time I'm seeing him in a year and I can already feel my body begging me to get back with him. I look down at his lips for a split of a second. I want to kiss him.

I force myself to look down, breaking the spell I was on. I don't know what to say. I'm speechless.

"I know that we just started this," He says softly. "But I'm ready to start our life together whenever you are. I would marry you today if you said yes."