53. october 23rd

The next morning, I wake up before Josh. I want to stay in bed longer with him but I need to go pee so I slip out of the bed as quietly as I can and go to the bathroom. I brush my teeth after and wash my face before walking out. I look at Josh sleeping on my bed for a moment. This is what my future looks like. Waking up with him next to me every morning. The thought makes me smile.

I want to let him sleep so I walk out of the room quietly and head downstairs. I turn on the TV in the living room and decide to start making breakfast. After a few minutes, Savannah comes down.

"Hey," I say as I hand her a cup of coffee. "How are you feeling? Better?"

She nods. "Yeah. Sorry. I had a breakdown."

"It's alright." I ask leaning on the bar. "What happened?"

She shrugs. "He was just being an idiot. Whatever. I'm over it." She smiles. "So. Josh spent the night."

I smile then turn around to turn off the stove. Eggs are ready. "He's sleeping."

"Long night?"

"Would you stop it?" I laugh.

She laughs then looks down at my hand. "Oh my god. You said yes, didn't you?"

I nod with a smile.

"Oh my god, Natalie!" She squeals. "You're getting married?!"

"In a month."

She frowns. "In a month? That is way too soon!"

I shrug. "I don't know how we're gonna do it, Sav, but it's happening."

She smiles then hugs me. "I'm so happy for you! And Josh! You guys belong together."

I smile. "I'm so happy. I can't even explain it."

"Well, I can see it," she says looking at me. "I can't wait for you to make me an aunt."

I laugh then begin to serve us breakfast.

"We should go look for a dress today." She continues.

"It'll have to be later. Josh and I are going to speak with our parents."

"I guess that's more important." She decides and I laugh.

I look behind her at Josh who is walking down the stairs. He smiles when he sees me. "Good morning."

"Good morning," I say.

"Good morning." Savannah repeats making us laugh. "I heard the good news." She wiggles her eyebrows at Josh. "Congrats, brother."

He actually turns a bit red. He's so cute. "Thank you."

There is suddenly a knock on the door and I frown. "I'll get it," I say then head to open the door. Outside is a man I've never seen before. He's wearing black dressed pants with a tucked in white dressed shirt. He has black hair and dark brown eyes. He's also holding a big bouquet of red roses. "Hello," I say slowly.

"Hi," he looks around. "I'm sorry. I'm looking for Savannah? I think I have the right address?"

Hmm. Man on our doorstep holding apologetic roses?

"You're Kevin," I say.

He raises his eyebrows. "Uh, yes. You must be Savannah's sister."

"Natalie." I answer.

He offers me his hand and seems to relax a bit. "Pleasure to meet you."

I take his hand. "Can't say the same."