Valentine's Day (Fem Reader)

Disclaimer: I don't own any MHA characters. I found the image online. Plot is mine. 

Key:

(Y/N) = Your Name

(Y/L/N) = Your Last Name

(D/N) = Dog's Name

Valentine's Day. The one day a year where people who are single want to disappear for the day. The day where couples rule. The day where 'cute' and 'romantic' displays of affection take place. This day can be a complete nightmare if you're single, but in the case of (Y/N), this day was one she would always remember. It all started on February 10th, four days before Valentine's Day. Her best friend since childhood, Shoto Todoroki, had been acting strange. The two were walking to (Y/N)'s house to do some homework. "Hey, you okay?" She asked him. He slowly turned his head to look at her, his usual poker face on. "Yeah, why do you ask?" He questioned. (Y/N) raised a brow before continuing. "You're more quiet than usual and I can see some kind of emotion in your eyes. I can't tell whether it's distress or worry." She explained. Shoto gulped and tried to keep calm. 'Shit, she can't know about what I have planned. She probably won't even like it. I gotta stay calm for right now.' He thought. "Oh, I'm just tired. I was up late last night." He explained. (Y/N) nodded before dropping the subject and changing it to something else. Eventually, they made it to (Y/N)'s house. When they walked in, her dog (D/N) came rushing over, demanding pets. (Y/N) smiled before kneeling down to rub his belly. "Who's a good boy?" She asked, using a strange voice. Shoto smiled before (Y/N) turned around. "Shoto, come pet (D/N)!" She exclaimed, standing up again. "Are you sure?" He asked cautiously. She nodded and turned to take off her shoes. Shoto kneeled down slowly and scratched (D/N)'s head. "Hi (D/N), are you a... good boy?" He asked slowly. (Y/N) giggled at his nervous attitude. "Sho, this isn't the first time you've seen (D/N)!" She exclaimed, laughing some more. Shoto sighed and moved to pet the dog's belly. (D/N) turned on his back and his tongue stuck out the side of his mouth. Shoto smiled slightly before standing up and slipping off his shoes. 'I really hope this whole plan works out. Kirishima and Midoryia said it would so I should have faith.' He thought. (Y/N) tapped him on the shoulder, making him come out of his thoughts. "You sure nothing's wrong?" She asked. "Yeah, sorry. I zoned out. Anyways, we should get started." He explained. (Y/N) sighed and nodded. The two walked to her dining room and sat down. "I'm gonna get a drink, do you want anything?" She asked him. "Water would be good, thank you." He replied. (Y/N) nodded and left to the kitchen while Shoto began to work. She returned moments later and the two worked together, occasionally helping the other. After about an hour, they were finally done all their homework. "Finally, that took forever!" (Y/N) exclaimed, stretching in the process. Shoto sighed and put away his work. "Now then, what do you wanna-" (Y/N) began, but was cut off by the sound of Shoto's phone ringing. Shoto glanced at the number and saw it was Endeavor. "Fuck..." He cursed under his breath. "Please excuse me." He said before answering the call. "SHOTOOOOO!" Endeavor's voice was heard from the other end. 'It's not even on speaker phone!'  (Y/N) thought. "Yes father?" Shoto asked, boredom laced his voice. "Where are you?!" Endeavor yelled. "I'm on a run, I'm on my way home now." Shoto lied. "Good, hurry back! You still have training with me!" Endeavor shouted before hanging up. Shoto sighed and ran his hand through his red and white hair. "I'm sorry, but I need to get going." He explained. (Y/N) walked over to him and hugged him. "It's alright, I understand. I'll see you tomorrow." She said before pulling away. "Yeah, see you." He replied before slipping his shoes on and leaving. (Y/N) sighed sadly and headed up to her room. She grabbed her headphones and got into her bed. She put them in, turned on her playlist, and closed her eyes. 'I guess I'll have to wait to confess. Maybe Valentine's Day? I mean, it's cliche but still.'  She thought. She sighed once again before relaxing.

Time Skip to Valentine's Day

It was finally Valentine's Day. Throughout U.A, people were confessing to others and giving gifts such as chocolattes, roses, For the last three days, Shoto had been acting strange around (Y/N). He was more quiet, he stumbled over his words, and he stopped hanging out with her after school. Sure, that could be because of Endeavor, but Shoto would tell her whenever it was training. (Y/N) walked into class hoping to talk with Shoto, but she saw he was busy with Kirishima and Midoryia. She sighed and walked over to Uraraka and Tsuyu. Meanwhile, Todoroki was making sure everything was prepared for after school. "You have the roses?" Midoryia asked. "Yeah, they're in my locker." Shoto explained. "Chocolates?" Kirishima questioned. Shoto nodded. "Locker." "Money?" Midoryia asked. "My father's credit card is in my pocket. Everything is ready." Shoto explained. "This is gonna be so manly!" Kirishima shouted. Shoto rolled his eyes before thanking his classmates. He walked over to his desk and sat down just before class began. Throughout the class, he would take glances at (Y/N), panicking slightly. 'This better go well. If it doesn't, I don't know where our friendship will stand.'  He thought. He shook away his negative thoughts and returned his attention to Aizawa.

Time Skip to After Class

(Y/N) stood up from her desk and stretched. She bent down and grabbed her bag and turned to leave. Before she could, she felt someone tap her arm. She turned around and saw Shoto standing there with a slight blush. "What's up Sho?" She asked, a smile graced her face. "Can... Can you come with me?" He asked. "Sure, let's go!" She exclaimed. Shoto nodded and led the way, (Y/N) close behind. They arrived at their destination. "Why'd you bring me to the roof?" She asked. "Can you turn around please?" He asked. (Y/N) raised a brow before complying. While she was turned around, she heard some rustling. "Alright, you can turn back." He declared. (Y/N) turned around gasped at what she saw. Shoto was standing there, holding roses and chocolates. "(Y/N), you were my only friend when we were younger. Even though the only reason we were aloud to be friends was because of your family name, you made it feel like there was no reason, that we were just friends because we got along. By the time we were 13, I had new feelings for you. More than feelings you have for a friend, but for someone you are attracted to. I never acted on those feelings because I was afraid of what my father would do, but I don't care anymore. (Y/N) (Y/L/N), I like you. Please go out with me." He explained. (Y/N) teared up and rushed over to him. She latched onto him and hugged him tight. "Of course I will!" She exclaimed. Shoto smiled and hugged her back. When they parted, Shoto handed her the roses and chocolates. She accepted them gratefully and smiled at him. "Now then, care to go out now? There's a cafe not to far from my house." He asked. She frowned a small bit. "I would love to, but I don't have any money on me." She explained. Shoto smirked before reaching into his pocket. "Do not worry, I have my father's credit card." He explained. (Y/N) giggled at his statement. "Alright then, let's go Sho!" She exclaimed. Shoto smiled and the two left U.A, hand in hand.