Before You Go (Fem Reader)

This was a request from TialleAn! Thank you so much for requesting! This is also a songfic to the song 'Before You Go' by Lewis Capaldi. Lyrics are in bold and italics.

Disclaimer: I don't own any MHA Characters or the image. I own the plot.

Warnings: Angst, Self-Harm, Suicide, Mention of Endeavor

Key:

(Y/N) = Your Name

(Y/L/N) = Your Last Name

(H/C) = Hair Colour

(E/C) = Eye Colour

(P/C) = Phone Colour

I fell by the wayside like everyone else

I hate you, I hate you, I hate you

But I was just kidding myself

She knew she was screwed from the start. The way his two-toned eyes sparkled in the light. The way his hair bounced slightly with each step. His smooth, calming voice that made butterflies erupt in her stomach. Shoto Todoroki was going to be the death of her. It seemed every girl in their class felt the same, only making her insecure about her chances. Momo was intelligent and had an amazing body, Uraraka had a bubbly personality that made everyone around her smile, Mina had the courage to do anything; even if she wasn't great at it, Jirou was extremely talented and was so down to Earth, Tsuyu was so honest that it was really helpful, and Hagakure was just too sweet and kind for this planet. And then there was (Y/N) (Y/L/N). She didn't realize it, but she incredible herself. She had mesmerizing, (E/C) eyes, soft, (H/C) hair, an infectious laugh, and a body that made some of the boys in Class 1-A drool. She told herself she didn't have feelings for Shoto; that he was just a classmate. Oh how wrong she was...

Our every moment, I start to replace

'Cause now that they're gone

All I hear were the words that I needed to say

The (H/C) sat in a hospital room, tears streaming down her face. In the bed lay an unconscious Shoto Todoroki, who was struggling for his life. She knew the reason as to why he laid here, but she refused to accept it. Her classmates sat in the waiting room, away from the (H/C) and the dual-haired boy. Her teacher, Shota Aizawa, knew she was close to him so he gave her some time alone with him before he would have to grill her for answers. (Y/N)'s mind began to wander to a few of the moments with him that she cherished. She recalled the first time she gained the courage to talk to him; thus forming their close friendship. Then there was the time she clung to him for comfort during a horror movie, where she unfortunately missed the soft smile that fell on Shoto's lips. There was also the time he protected her during the training camp; the passion in his eyes was enough to make her weak in the knees.

When you hurt under the surface

Like troubled water running cold

Well, time can heal but this won't

(Y/N) was one of the few people he trusted with his past. Shoto told her all about his father and the cruel abuse he suffered for years. He informed her of the reason for his scar, reliving every second of his mother pouring the boiling water on his face. She learned that he was separated from his siblings, never allowed to interact with them because he was 'special' and they were 'failures'. He even went as far as to tell her about Toya, his older brother who ran away from their personal purgatory known as home. As he was venting to her, he didn't realize tears were falling down his cheeks until he felt a warm embrace. He paused, looking up only to see the (H/C) hugging him; her own tears present. The two hugged for a while, (Y/N) being the only person who ever gave Shoto a safe place to break down and display his true feelings.