Glossophobia (Fem Reader)

This was a request from _Mizuki_Sama! Thank you so much for requesting and feel free to send me one of your own and we can discuss if it's possible! I don't own any MHA Characters or the Image. I own the plot.

Glossophobia - Fear of Public Speaking

Key:

(Y/N) = Your Name

(Y/L/N) = Your Last Name

(H/L) = Hair Length

(H/C) = Hair Colour

(E/C) = Eye Colour

A Few Months Prior:

Shoto sighed as he sat at his desk, clearly showing he didn't want to be there. The Sports Festival had just passed and he finally accepted his left side after a long discussion with his mother in the hospital. He was the first person in the class, which shocked him considering Bakugo and Iida were almost always the first. The red and white haired boy pulled out his phone, plugging in his headphones to drown out the world. Despite understanding his emotions more clearly, he still had to think. After about three songs, he noticed a familiar blond and redhead enter the class. Shoto groaned to himself, already missing what little silence he had. "Oi, half-and-half!" The blond yelled, making Shoto roll his eyes. "What, Bakugo?" He asked, shutting off his phone. "You better not hold back next time! Don't resist your flames because of your stupid ass dad-" "Bakubro, that's enough! Leave him alone, it's too early for this!" Kirishima interrupted, making Bakugo growl. "You're lucky, IcyHot." He declared, huffing before turning to face the redhead, scolding him for interrupting. Shoto just groaned and returned his attention to his phone until Aizawa announced it was the start of class. "Okay, quiet down. We have important business to discuss." He explained, effectively quieting down class 1-A. "Now then, we have a new student joining us today. She would've come at the beginning of the year, but there were a few complications." Aizawa began, immediately getting interrupted by the noiser students. "Woah, a new student?!" "What's her quirk?" "Is she hot?!" "What sort of complications?!" Were a few things shouted out. However, one glare from Aizawa's piercing eyes was enough to make them hold their questions. "Normally, I'd have the new student introduce themself. However, due to this special situation, I will. Her name is (Y/L/N) (Y/N) and her quirk is Telekinesis. She can control any living or non-living object with only her mind, but can get serious migraines and potential brain damage if she goes too far. Any questions?" He explained, watching as Izuku's hand rose. "Midoriya?" "If you don't mind explaining, why is this situation different? Why is she only joining us now?" He asked, tilting his head in confusion. "(Y/L/N) has extreme Glossophobia. It's at the point where she can't speak around people anymore unless it's her family. She communicates using a whiteboard." Aizawa explained, making some of his students murmur in curiosity. Shoto just huffed quietly, wanting class to be over with. "On that note. (Y/L/N), please enter!" Suddenly, a girl with (H/L), (H/C) hair and (E/C) eyes entered the class, a shy smile on her face and a whiteboard among her books. She stood at the front, bowing to her fellow classmates before turning to face the grungy man, awaiting further instructions. "Welcome to our class, (Y/L/N). You'll be sitting in the open seat next to Todoroki. Todoroki, raise your hand." Aizawa declared, the (H/C) watching as the dual-haired boy raised his hand. She nodded and quickly made her way over to him, taking a seat in the empty desk on his right. Shoto glanced over at her, his blue and gray eyes making contact with her (E/C) ones. He sent her a small wave, a gesture which she returned. She quickly grabbed her whiteboard, scribbling down something with the black marker. "Hey, I'm (Y/L/N) (Y/N). Nice to meet you!" It read, making Shoto smile softly. "I'm Todoroki Shoto. The pleasure is all mine." He whispered, his smile growing when he saw her lips break out into one.