Forbidden (Fantasy AU) (Fem Reader)

Disclaimer: I don't own any MHA Characters or the image. I own the plot. Thoughts are in italics. It may be a Fantasy AU fic, but they still have quirks. Reader is quirkless. Shoto and Reader are 16.

Warnings: Language, Violence, Endeavor

Key:

(Y/N) = Your Name

(Y/L/N) = Your Last Name

(H/C) = Hair Colour

(E/C) = Eye Colour

 The (H/C) sighed as she glanced over at the royal thrones, noticing how uncomfortable a certain dual-haired boy looked. (Y/N) suddenly felt a thump on her head, so she looked up to see her fellow servant, Juliet. "(Y/N), you may be the same age as the prince, but keep in mind that he's royalty and you're just his servant." She pleaded, giving her a sad smile. (Y/N) looked away awkwardly, returning to her sweeping. "I know that, but he chose me as his personal servant. That has to mean something, right?" She asked, a slither of hope flashing in her (E/C) eyes. Juliet just sighed, grabbing the broom from the young servant. "Get it through your thick skull, (Y/L/N). You're a servant. He's Prince Shoto of Musutafu!" She whispered, trying not to attract the attention of the king or his children. Currently, King Enji was trying to arrange marriages for Princess Fuyumi and the Princes Natsuo and Shoto. Prince Touya had run away long ago, just after Queen Rei left the mark of betrayal on the young prince's face. It had been about fifteen minutes of random suitors introducing themselves before someone finally spoke up. "Father, I'm feeling a bit unwell. May I be excused?" Shoto asked, adjusting his crown slightly. Enji glanced over at the young man, rolling his hate-filled eyes. "Very well." He answered, his tone sharp and cold. Shoto stood from his gray throne and bowed to his father before turning around, his slightly baggy, blue overcoat swaying from the movement. He raised his hand and did a certain gesture, one that (Y/N) knew too well. It meant he was requesting her presence. (Y/N) quickly brushed any dust off of her black and white dress, walking towards the prince. Once she was there, Shoto sent her a faint smile before leaving the room, (Y/N) following close behind.

The young servant walked quietly behind Prince Shoto as he led her back to his room, where he finally let out a breath he wasn't aware he was holding. (Y/N) smiled slightly and stood by the door, awaiting orders. "(Y/N), it's just us. You can act like you normally do when we're alone." He said, ruffling his red and white hair. The (H/C) snapped out of her trance, blinking a few times before locking the door. "I apologize, your majesty." She replied, bowing to him. Shoto rolled his eyes before walking over to her, placing a hand on her shoulder. "Again, we're alone. We can be ourselves." He repeated, his piercing blue and gray eyes staring into her (E/C) ones. "R-Right, a-apologies." She stuttered, a faint blush coming to her face. Behind closed doors, herself and Shoto were friends. She became a source of comfort for him, and he became her whole world. She didn't want to admit it, but she had fallen hard for the prince. However, she gave up on any chance of a relationship, considering he was royalty and she was a simple servant. Truth be told, it wasn't even her choice to be a servant. Her parents owed a debt to King Enji, but couldn't afford to pay it off, so they sent their daughter to work.

"(Y/N), we need to talk." He said, snapping her out of another daze. "Is something the matter, your majesty?" She asked, slightly tilting her head in confusion. "Sort of. Just listen, please." He answered, looking serious. (Y/N) nodded, awaiting his words. "I overheard my father discussing something last night. He said that your parents' debt had been paid off last month." He admitted, making the (H/C)'s eyes widen in shock. "So, you're saying that I should've been let go a month ago?!" She exclaimed, feeling herself getting angrier and angrier. Sure, she loved being around the prince and she loved her fellow servant. However, being a servant was exhausting and she wouldn't wish it on anyone. "Yes, I apologize. It's not fair that you have to continue working here." He replied, guilt in his eyes. "That fat assed flaming little bit-" She began, stopping when she felt Shoto's hand go over her mouth. She was about to question him, but froze when footsteps were heard from outside his room. Once they were gone, he removed his hand. "I apologize, but it was necessary." He declared, a blush on his face as well. "I-I understand. I applaud your quick thinking, your majesty." She mumbled, her face getting even more red. Shoto hesitated before his next actions. He knew of feelings he had for her, and he could only assume she felt the same way. He also knew it was forbidden, but there was no universe where he cared about that. Suddenly, (Y/N) felt his hands grasp her cheeks, holding her face in place. "Y-Your m-m-majest-" She began, freezing as she saw him leaning in, eyes closed. 'The prince is about to kiss me! What do I do?!' She thought, panicking. She saw him getting closer, and let her desires take over. She gently closed her eyes and met him in the middle, the two sharing a sweet, forbidden kiss. After a few moments, they pulled away, faces flushed and pupils dilated. Shoto smiled at her, and (Y/N) gasped at the time. "I-I must go p-prepare dinner!" She exclaimed, getting out of his room before he could stop her. Neither one of them noticed the figure who had witnessed and heard everything.

Time Skip to a Month Later

(Y/N) walked through the halls of the castle very quietly. After the kiss incident in Shoto's room, she had tried her best to avoid him, but that didn't last long. Considering she was Shoto's personal servant, he could summon her at will. As soon as dinner was finished that day, he called her to his aid. Once (Y/N) arrived, he asked her how she really felt about the kiss, and she admitted that she loved it. The two had a long conversation about their feelings and if they were going to act on their feelings. She knew it was forbidden to date or love the prince, but she couldn't help it. Shoto and (Y/N) decided to try out a relationship, but they needed to keep it secret at all costs. Kisses and hugs were shared in his room or in the garden, away from peeping eyes. Subtle glances and smiles were given throughout meals and in the halls, always ensuring no one would witness them. It was late at night and King Enji had summoned the (H/C) to the throne room. Saying she was nervous was probably the biggest understatement of the century. 'Relax, (Y/N). He could just need something that has to do with actual servant stuff!' She reassured, trying to stay positive on the way there. 'Oh who am I kidding? He must have found out some way and this he's going to tear us apart!' She thought, frowning as desperation began seeping through her body. As the door came into her sight, she took a deep breath. She knocked three times, brushing any dust off of her dress. "Name and business!" The familiar voice boomed, making her jump. "(Y/N) (Y/L/N). You asked for me?" She replied, getting a grunt of approval to enter the room. When she did, she saw King Enji sitting in his gigantic, red, velvety throne. The (H/C) quickly bowed to the king, trying her best not to shake. Once she stood up, she was met with eyes filled with hate and disgust. "I'll get right to the point. I know about your little scandel with my son." He declared, making (Y/N) tense up. "I h-have no idea what you're t-talking about." She replied, cursing internally for stuttering. "Don't lie to your king! I saw you two kiss in his room! I've seen the glances! I've taken notice of how often he's been summoning you lately!" Enji roared, his voice echoing throughout the room. (Y/N) said nothing and just stared at the ground, not daring to meet his gaze. "This is your only warning. End all relations with my Shoto and quit being his personal servant. I can't let you go, considering your parents' debt. However, I can separate you." He ordered, making the (H/C) shake in anger. "My parents' debt is paid off! Shoto told me the truth! I'm not going to end things with your son! I love him, and he loves me!" She cried, her (E/C) eyes now glaring into the king's blue ones. "You dare defy your king?!" He shouted, standing up and marching over to (Y/N). She stood her ground, refusing to give up. Suddenly, she felt a hand wrap around her forearm. "Last chance, bitch! End the relationship!" He yelled, his flame beard getting more intense. "I said no! I won't let you ruin our happiness!" She exclaimed, looking up at him with hate. She yelped as she felt her forearm burning, immediately realizing what was happening. King Enji was using his quirk to burn her! "You asshole! Let go!" She screamed, a single tear running down her face. He didn't listen. He instead increased his power, the burning sensation getting more intense. She struggled to remove her arm, tears now streaming down her face. She quickly found an opening and kicked his shin with all her might, making him release the forearm. (Y/N) sprinted to the door, not glancing behind her as she opened it and ran out of the room.

The only thought running through her mind was to hide the burn from Shoto. She stopped running and leaned against a wall to get a look at her forearm. The imprint of a hand was there, and it wrapped all the way around her forearm. There would definitely be scarring. (Y/N) decided she should head to the infirmary to find something that would relieve the pain. However, she ended up bumping into someone on the way there. The person grabbed her forearm as a way to steady her, but pulled away when they heard her yelp. "(Y/N)?" The voice asked, the (H/C) immediately realizing it was Shoto she bumped into. "Sho..." She mumbled, not daring to meet his gaze. "I heard yelling so I decided to come check it out. He did this, didn't he..." He explained, gesturing to her burn. (Y/N) hesitated before nodding, listening to her lover sigh. He placed his right hand on her forearm, using his ice in an attempt to relieve some of the pain. As he was cooling her arm down, he pulled her into a hug and stroked her hair with his left hand. "He'll never hurt you again, I promise." He whispered, kissing her forehead softly.