The Ball (Fantasy AU) (Fem Reader)

Disclaimer: I don't own any MHA Characters or the image. I own the plot. Thoughts are in italics

Warnings: Language, Bad Parents

Key:

(Y/N) = Your Name

(Y/L/N) = Your Last Name

(H/C) = Hair Colour

(M/N) = Mother's Name

(F/N) = Father's Name

(F/C) = Favourite Colour

 Far off in the distance, a (H/C) sat on a smooth rock, admiring the flowers of her family's garden. She took a deep breath as she let the feeling of peace flow over her, something she hadn't felt in a while. Suddenly, she heard two pairs of footsteps approaching her, making her sigh in irritation. "Princess (Y/N)!" An older woman shouted, (Y/N) immediately recognizing it as her personal maid, Mary. (Y/N) turned around, offering a gentle smile to the two maids. She recognized Mary, but not the younger servant beside her. "What is it, Mary?" She asked, standing up from the rock and brushing off any dirt from her (F/C) dress. "The king has requested your presence, milady!" The younger servant exclaimed, getting a soft glare from Mary. "Kelly! You don't shout at the princess!" She declared, making Kelly flinch. "I-I'm sorry, milady!" She cried as (Y/N) walked towards her. "It's alright, Kelly. Thank you for telling me, I shall go see my father at once." She explained, giving Kelly a smile before walking back into the castle. Once the princess was out of sight, Kelly let out a breath she didn't know she was holding. "That. Was. Terrifying!" She said, holding her chest gently. Mary smiled down at Kelly, ruffling her hair quickly. "Princess (Y/N) isn't scary. She's very gentle and kind hearted. She's nothing like the king and queen, so you have no reason to be afraid." She explained, making Kelly smile. "Thank goodness! The king and queen are something special, and not in a good way!" Kelly exclaimed, making Mary laugh. The two servants decided to head back into the castle so they could begin to prepare dinner.

(Y/N) tried to hide her frown from the servants as she approached the throne room. Her parents had never been the most loving, considering they neglected her on a daily basis. The princess considered the servants her family more than her own mom and dad. She shook her head as she reached the door, knocking quietly. "State your name and business!" A booming voice yelled, (Y/N) recognizing it as her father. "Princess (Y/N). Mary sent for me." She replied, getting permission to enter the throne room. She immediately noticed her mother, Queen (M/N), being fed by a servant while her father, King (F/N), was staring down at the (H/C) with cold eyes. (Y/N) approached the two thrones, bowing in front of her parents. "Good afternoon, mother and father." She greeted, standing back up. "It's about time you arrived, (Y/N)." Her mother declared, frowning at the princess. "You recently turned sixteen, correct?" King (F/N) asked, making the (H/C) frown. "Yes, father. I wasn't aware you didn't know my birthday." (Y/N) replied, trying to hide the fact she was upset. "It's not important to my life. Besides that, we have made some...arrangements." He continued, (Y/N) tilting her head slightly in confusion. "If I may ask, what kind of arrangements?" She asked, readjusting her tiara quickly. "Do you remember King Enji of Musutafu?" Queen (M/N) asked, jumping into the conversation. "The king with four children? Didn't I used to have playdates with one of his sons?" (Y/N) asked, attempting to remember which son she knew. "Yes, him. As you may know, our kingdoms have been at each other's throats for quite awhile now. Almost eleven years to be precise." (F/N) explained, (Y/N) still not understanding what he had to do with the arrangements. "What does King Enji have to do with these new arrangements, father?" She asked. "We have arranged a marriage between you and his youngest son, Prince Shoto. He turned sixteen not too long ago as well, so your ages are quite close." (M/N) finished, watching as (Y/N)'s face dropped. "Arranged... marriage?!" She exclaimed, forgetting the dignity she needed to have at all times. "You are a (Y/L/N)! Don't ever lose your composure again!" Her father threatened, making the (H/C) freeze. "Yes, father. I understand." She declared, losing any sense of energy. "You are to meet this young man in two weeks, where he will propose. You will marry him in about a month. Any questions?" Queen (M/N) asked, smirking deviously. "No, mother. May I be excused?" (Y/N) replied, feeling her eyes tear up. Her father nodded and she bowed to the two before leaving the throne room, rushing to her bedroom.