Unexpected Love (Fem Reader)

This was a request from CharmerMaster. Thank you so much for requesting! If any of you want to send me a request, feel free to leave a comment or private message me!

Disclaimer: I don't own any MHA Characters or the picture. I own the plot. Also, the relationship between Izuku and Reader is PLATONIC! 

Key:

(Y/N) = Your Name

(Y/L/N) = Your Last Name

(H/C) = Hair Colour

(E/C) = Eye Colour

 (Y/N) yawned as she walked into U.A. with her best friend and neighbour, Izuku Midoriya. The two got along very well, considering they were both quirkless. Except, now it was just (Y/N) who was quirkless, as Izuku had mysteriously gotten a quirk. Obviously, she didn't know the truth behind his quirk, but she never asked. She just chose to be happy for him, despite feeling a small bit envious of his new power. The two went to their lockers, changing their shoes and grabbing their books for homeroom. "How do you think you did on the Finals?" The (H/C) asked, a tired smile on her face. "O-Oh, I think I did well! Kacchan and I were able to beat All Might! The written portion was easy as well!" He exclaimed, covering his mouth after his outburst. (Y/N) just giggled and patted his shoulder, reassuring him he was okay. "Yeah, the written portion was really easy. The practical on the other hand was a bit hard, but Aoyama, Uraraka, and I all passed, so it should be fine!" She declared, getting a nod from her best friend. He understood better than anyone the struggles she had to deal with. Despite being quirkless, she still passed the entrance exam and managed to get in Class 1-A. He still remembered her breakdown the night before the exam...

'A series of knocks was heard at the front door, the sound ringing throughout the entire apartment. Izuku stirred from his sleep, groaning quietly. "Mom, the door!" He exclaimed, not wanting to get out of bed. That was when he remembered his mother was out with friends, which meant he was the only person home. He sighed and climbed out of bed, trudging towards the wooden door. He slowly opened the door, yawning as he did so. His green eyes went wide as he realized who was standing there. "(Y/N)?!" He exclaimed, taking in the state she was in. Her clothes were ripped in various places, her hair was a mess and extremely greasy. Her once vibrant (E/C) eyes were dull and were now red and puffy. Her arms were exposed, showing off various bruises and scratches. "Hey, Izu..." She mumbled, her voice broken and shaky. The broccoli boy pulled her inside, wrapping his arms around her in a hug. She immediately gave in, beginning to sob quietly in his arms.

He gently led her to the living room, sitting her down on the couch and wrapping a blanket around her shoulders. "I'm gonna make some tea. Please, start venting. I'm here to listen." He declared, ruffling her hair before walking into the kitchen. "M-My parents did this. They found out I-I'm taking the entrance e-exam tomorrow and they b-beat me. T-They said I'd never b-be a hero..." She explained, tears beginning to stream down her face. Izuku left the kitchen while the water was boiling and he returned to the couch, wrapping her in another hug. "(Y/N), don't listen to them. You are strong and will make a great hero, even if you are quirkless." "But Izu, that's the point! I don't have a quirk so-" "What have you been doing for the past ten months?" He asked, cutting off her sorrow. "I-I've been sneaking out to train with my grandpa..." "Exactly! If you give up now, all of that will go to waste! Remember why we want to be heroes?" "To protect others who can't protect themselves..." "Yes! (Y/N), you're already my hero. You have been ever since the first day you stood up to Kacchan while he was picking on me." "Izuku..." Suddenly, the teapot started whistling, making Izuku get up to prepare it. Once he was done, he brought it two mugs back to the living room, handing the (H/C) one. "Now, he's what's going to happen. You are spending the rest of the night here and we will walk to the exam together. After the exam, we are going back to your house where we will collect your things and move you into our guest room until we find somewhere safe for you." He explained, making his best friend smile. "You're the best, Izuku. I'll become a hero!" She exclaimed, pulling him into another hug.'