Treat You Better (Fem Reader)

This is a songfic to the song 'Treat You Better' by Shawn Mendes. I don't own the image, the lyrics, or any MHA characters. The lyrics are in bold and italics.

Warnings: Language, Abusive Relationship

Key:

(Y/N) = Your Name

(Y/L/N) = Your Last Name

(H/C) = Hair Colour

I won't lie to you

I know he's just not right for you

Shoto knew she was in a bad relationship. He could tell by how her boyfriend looked at her. He treated her like a slave, as if she was trash. What was worse, was the fact that she was starting to believe it, and that hurt Shoto to no ends. (Y/N) was once a happy and outgoing girl, but after getting together with Monoma, it all changed.

And you can tell me if I'm off

But I see it on your face

When you say that he's the one that you want

(Y/N) was in class 1-A with Shoto, yet she still decided to date Monoma of class 1-B. Everyone in her class was confused, but still supported the relationship nonetheless, all except Shoto. He saw the look of fear and sorrow whenever someone brought up her boyfriend or her relationship. When he first confronted her, she quickly brushed the comment off, saying that he must be seeing things.

And you're spending all your time

In this wrong situation

And anytime you want it to stop

One day, as Shoto was walking out of the school with Midoriya, he saw a figure crying behind the school. "Midoriya, go on ahead. I'll catch up in a few minutes." He declared. Midoriya nodded and continued on without Shoto. Shoto walked towards the figure, and soon saw it was (Y/N). "Hey, are you okay?" He asked, crouching down next to her. (Y/N) quickly sniffled and wiped her eyes, turning to face Shoto. "Oh, hey Todo. Yeah, I'm o-okay." She replied, standing up. "You're clearly not. Please, tell me what's wrong." He insisted, his heart beating painfully. (Y/N) shook her head and walked passed him. "I can't get you involved. Just, know I'm okay." She mumbled, only loud enough for Shoto to hear. She walked out of the school, leaving Shoto to stand there in concern.

I know I can treat you better than he can

And any girl like you deserves a gentleman

When Shoto got home, he went straight to his room. He did his homework quickly and laid down on his bed. He stared up at the ceiling and sighed. 'I know I can treat you better, way better than that blonde copycat.' He thought. He sighed and remembered the times back when she would smile, when she would laugh, when she would blush around him. 'You deserve a gentleman, not that shitstain from 1-B. I was so sure you liked me, so what happened?' He asked himself. He sighed once more before turning on his side. He decided he was going to confront her tomorrow, and he wasn't going to back down.

Tell me why are we wasting time

On all your wasted crying

When you should be with me instead

Shoto arrived at school earlier than normal so he would have time to plan out how he was going to confront (Y/N). When he walked into class, he saw there was only one other person than himself, and it was (Y/N). He heard her sniffling, quiet sobs coming from her mouth. He quietly walked over to Aizawa's desk, grabbed the tissue box he had, and made his way over to (Y/N). He gently tapped her shoulder and she looked up him with red, puffy eyes. She sniffled and tried to give him a fake smile, but she was unsuccessful, and instead let more tears fall down her cheeks.