Dance the Night Away (Fem Reader)

Disclaimer: I don't own any MHA characters. I found the image online. I own the plot

Key:

(Y/N) = Your Name

(Y/L/N) = Your Last Name

(H/C) = Hair Colour

(F/C) = Favourite Colour

It was a rainy day for the students of U.A. Originally, Aizawa had scheduled a quirk field test to examine the progress of class 1-A's quirks, but the rain had ruined that. Aizawa decided that the class could have free time while he slept in his sleeping bag. No one argued and with that, their homeroom teacher was fast asleep. Soon enough, the class had divided into four different groups: The girls, the Bakusquad, the Dekusquad, and the extras. "So girls, anyone have a date to the dance tomorrow night?" Momo asked, making a certain (H/C) blush. "I mean, Shoto is taking me...." (Y/N) mumbled, blushing a small bit. "Isn't this your first dance as a couple (Y/L/N)?" Mina asked, raising an eyebrow at (Y/N). "Yeah... Is it normal to be nervous?" (Y/N) asked the girls. "Of course it is! You guys have to slow dance!" Uraraka exclaimed, which caught the attention of a certain dual-haired male. Shoto had picked up on the girls' conversation, causing his cheeks to blush a small bit. "You good Todoroki?" Deku questioned, making Shoto snap his head over to the broccoli boy. "Yes Midoriya, I'm alright. Just lost in thought." Shoto explained. "Is it about the dance tomorrow night?" Iida questioned. Shoto nodded his head slowly. "I've been to plenty of events where I had to dance, but this feels... different." Shoto explained, confusing his friends. "Before, I never really cared if I made a wrong step or was too quiet. Now, I'm worrying about it constantly." He vented, trying to get his friends to understand. "It's normal to be worrying about that Todoroki, it means you care about how she's gonna feel. It means you want her to enjoy tomorrow night." Deku explained. Shoto nodded and cleared his throat, beginning to feel flustered. "Anyways, do either of you two have a date for tomorrow?" Shoto asked, now causing Midoryia's and Iida's face to explode into a blush. "Since when is this conversation about us?!" Deku exclaimed. Iida just nodded in agreement. Shoto smirked and turned to leave, until he felt a hand grab his wrist. He turned his head and saw no one. He sighed before looking down, only to see Mineta staring up at him. "Can I help you?" He questioned, annoyance in his voice. "I was just wondering..." Mineta began before trailing off. Shoto rolled his eyes. "Wondering what?" Shoto asked. "If you were taking (Y/L/N) to the dance." Mineta finished, holding his breath. "Of course I am! She is my girlfriend." Shoto answered. Mineta nodded slowly and backed away, terrified for his life. Shoto rolled his eyes once again and turned to go and get his girlfriend. All of a sudden, the bell rang, which woke up Aizawa. "Stupid bell... Always so loud." He mumbled, causing his students to look at him. "Oh, ummmm. Class dismissed." He stated before falling back asleep. The students sweat dropped and began packing up their things, ready to go home. (Y/N) quickly packed up her things and was about to make her way over to her boyfriend when she was pulled back by Uraraka and Tsuyu. "Where are you going? We need to go dress shopping for tomorrow!" Uraraka cried, making (Y/N) sigh. "Can I at least say goodbye to Shoto?" She asked. Uraraka nodded and released her friend. (Y/N) dusted off her uniform and walked over to her boyfriend. "I'm sorry, but I'm being dragged out by Uraraka. Apparently, we're all going dress shopping." She explained to Shoto, who nodded in response. "I understand, I'll see you tomorrow at the dance." Shoto declared. (Y/N) smiled slightly and leaned up, pecking her boyfriend on the lips. Shoto kissed back before pulling away. He kissed her cheek and left the classroom. (Y/N) reluctantly made her way over to the girls, who greeted her with smiles. "Let's go!" Hagakure exclaimed. The girls agreed and made their way to the mall.

When they arrived, the girls made a beeline to the clothing department. They rushed over to the dresses and began looking at options. "I like this one! What do you guys think?" Uraraka exclaimed, holding up a dress. It was a soft pink colour and looked to stop just above her knees. The straps were thin and the dress was sort of poofy. "It looks nice, you should try it on!" Momo exclaimed. Uraraka nodded and sped over to the changing room. She returned moments later, now wearing the dress. She gave a small twirl for the girls, earning some applause. "It looks great!" (Y/N) exclaimed, the others agreeing. "I'm gonna get it, give me a minute to change back!" She exclaimed, rushing back to the change rooms. "That only leaves you (Y/L/N)!" Momo declared. It was true, everyone else had their dress. "Can you help me look?" (Y/N) asked. The other girls nodded and they all began helping her. "How about this one?" Mina asked, holding up a dress. It was (F/C) and it looked like it would stop at her knees. It was flowy and the straps were about the same size as an athletic tank top. "It looks good. I'll go try it on." (Y/N) declared, grabbing the dress from Mina. After she had changed, she walked back over to the girls. She gave them a spin and the girls lost it. "It looks so good!" Tsuyu exclaimed. "Yeah, you look amazing!" Hagakure agreed. (Y/N) blushed and nodded, rushing back to the change room. When she returned, the group each paid for their dresses and left the store, heading back to their houses. "Tomorrow, we should all meet at my house. We could get ready together!" Momo exclaimed. The other girls agreed and eventually split off, each returning to their homes. When (Y/N) got home, she ran upstairs and placed the dress in her closet. She returned downstairs and quickly ate some leftovers for dinner. She spent the rest of her evening doing her homework and watching Netflix before falling asleep.

The next day went by pretty quickly and before anyone knew it, it was two hours before the dance. (Y/N) rushed over to Momo's house, where she met up with the rest of the girls of class 1-A. Each girl got the full attention of the others. They each went through the same process: Hair, makeup, dress, shoes. Finally, it was (Y/N)'s turn. The girls brushed out (Y/N)'s (H/C) hair and styled it in a braid crown. They gave her natural makeup and a pair of black heels. They were pretty simple and added two inches to her height. 'Still not enough to be taller than Shoto.'  She thought before sighing to herself quietly. Once she was ready, the girls all headed over to the banquet hall where the dance was being held.

When they entered, they were enchanted by all the different decorations. Every class was permitted to attend, regardless of whether or not they were from the hero course or from general studies. The girls eventually split off, heading off to their dates or into smaller groups. (Y/N) scanned the crowd and smiled slightly when she found Shoto. He was in a simple black tux. She quickly walked over to him and tapped his shoulder. He turned his head and smiled at the sight of his girlfriend. "Hello love, you look gorgeous." He complimented, making (Y/N) blush. "Thank you, you look amazing as well." She replied, causing him to smile. "Would you like to come with me and get a drink?" He asked. "Yes please." (Y/N) replied. He nodded and lead her over to the food table, where he poured them each a glass of punch. They clinked glasses and took a sip, only to spit it out. "Someone definitely spiked that." (Y/N) declared. "Yes, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Bakugou." Shoto commented, causing (Y/N) to giggle. The couple walked out onto the dance floor where they danced the night away with their friends. Finally, the final song of the night had rolled around. (Y/N) recognized the song as 'You and I' by One Direction. Shoto tapped her shoulder and (Y/N) turned to look at him. "May I have this dance, my love?" He asked, holding his hand out to her. (Y/N) smiled and grabbed his hand. "Of course you may!" She exclaimed. Shoto smiled and lead her to the center of the dance floor. She placed her arms around his neck and he held her waist. The couple began just swaying to the music, occasionally taking steps around the dance floor. However, when the chorus began, Shoto twirled (Y/N), her twirling him right after. They returned to their original position and started taking larger steps around the dance floor. By the time the second verse started up, most of the students had cleared off the dance floor, making Shoto and (Y/N) the stars of the night. Shoto picked up the (H/C) and twirled her around in the air as the song came to an end. He threw her up and caught her bridal style. He then dipped her and kissed her passionately. She kissed back with just as much passion before pulling away, the audience they had formed now applauding. "As much as I love dancing with you, I'm tired. Wanna spend the night at my place?" (Y/N) asked, making Shoto smile. Shoto nodded and the couple walked back to (Y/N)'s. The two changed into their pajamas and spent the rest of the night watching movies while cuddling on the couch. They eventually fell asleep in each other's arms, the exhaustion of the night finally catching up to them.