Too Late (Fem Reader)

This is my first attempt at angst, so please don't judge too harshly. I wasn't feeling this oneshot that much, so I apologize if it isn't my best work. I promise I'll have a better upload this weekend. I don't own any MHA characters, or the image. Reader has the abilty to use the four elements at will, her hero name is Elemental.

Warnings: Language, Angst

Key: 

(Y/N) = Your Name

(Y/L/N) = Your Last Name

(H/C) = Hair Colour

Sounds of explosions and battle cries were getting louder and louder, but Shoto wasn't paying any attention to that. The only thing he was focused on was the (H/C) in his arms, who was struggling to breathe.

It all started when Shoto and (Y/N) were called in for a press conference earlier that day, due to them being the most popular hero couple at the moment. Although they were not happy about it, they had an image to keep up, so they agreed and went to the conference. It was supposed to just be a simple conference, just talking about their relationship and plans for the future. It was the exact opposite of that. The first forty-five minutes were pretty standard. Questions about where their relationship stood at the moment, how both (Y/N)'s and Shoto's fathers felt about their relationship, and how their fellow heroes reacted were asked. Shoto and (Y/N) answered each question with a fake smile upon their faces, trying to hide the fact that they wished to be literally anywhere else.

Fifteen minutes later, Deku was spotted by someone in the crowd and was brought up to the front with Shoto and (Y/N). The three of them kept answering questions until the large screen above the three heroes was hacked. The screen that was supposed to be showing the three heroes, changed to show a black silhouette of a man. "Hello civilians and pros!" A familiar voice greeted. (Y/N), Shoto, and Midoriya all looked at each other with wide eyes. "Shigaraki!" The three whispered simultaneously. "Sorry to interrupt your little press conference, but we noticed you have someone we need. Just hand them over and all will be fine!" Shigaraki explained. On cue, a bunch of villains came flooding through one of Kurogiri's portals, stomping towards the stage. "Get Elemental!" One of Shigaraki's henchmen exclaimed. (Y/N)'s eyes widened as she realized she was the one they needed. "Deku! Call reinforcements!" Shoto exclaimed. Deku nodded and quickly began calling for backup. "(Y/N)! We're gonna have to fight our way out of this! You ready?" Shoto asked. (Y/N) smiled and nodded. "Let's do this! Our first priority is getting the civilians out of here safe!" She responded, rushing towards the civilians. Shoto nodded and followed after her.

"Head to the back exit! Remain calm! We will protect you!" (Y/N) shouted. The civilians listened and quickly made their way out. "Oh no you don't!" Toga exclaimed, rushing towards (Y/N). (Y/N) quickly summoned some flames and shot them towards Toga. Toga was held at bay until blue flames sprouted out of nowhere and burned (Y/N)'s left side, causing her to lose her balance and fall over. "Shit! (Y/N)!" Shoto exclaimed, preparing to rush over to her. "No! Help the civilians! Deku, where's reinforcements?!" (Y/N) exclaimed, ignoring the stinging sensation in her side. "Kacchan and Red Riot should be here soon! Shoto and I will continue to protect civilians!" Deku declared. Deku ran over to the exit and began guiding civilians out while Shoto stood at the back of the group, keeping his eyes open for any threats. After about 10 minutes, all the civilians had been evacuated from the building, leaving Shoto, (Y/N), and Izuku. (Y/N) was still on the ground, using her fire and wind to keep Dabi and Toga at bay. Shoto had rushed over and pulled (Y/N) to her feet, sending an ice wall towards Dabi and Toga at the same time. Deku was busy taking care of Muscular, Spinner, and some other random henchmen that worked for Shigaraki. Their leader remained nowhere in sight.