six

— 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗜𝗫
( 𝘍𝘙𝘐𝘌𝘕𝘋𝘚. )

"WE'RE GONNA need you to hand your weapons over."

After Mary had spoken to them a little more about what their stay at Terminus would be like, more people had come from the buildings around to "welcome" them. Murphy didn't feel welcome at all... there was something off. Everything felt staged. And when they asked them to abandon their weapons, Murphy began to feel nervous.

A man walked up to her and reached for her gun.

"Hey. Hey!" she exclaimed, struggling with her rifle.

"Murphy!" she heard a voice yell at her. She looked up to see Glenn with his eyes widened. He held out his hands as if to calm her down, and gestured for her to let the man take her gun.

Murphy's narrowed her eyes at him before shoving her rifle into the man's chest, following the group that was moving through the establishment. Mary explained the buildings they passed with a smile on her face. There were about 20 soldier-like men standing around the group, monitoring their every move. Murphy looked around, her eyes moving sharply from one thing to another.

"Here we have the gardens," Mary said, holding her hands out to gesture at the amazing amounts of food they were growing. "The land is very fertile here. We use everything we grow here in our meals."

Maggie and Glenn looked around in a judgmental manner, their eyes scanning the people around them and their surroundings. Murphy's eyes locked on a warehouse-looking building in the distance, "What's that building over there?"

Mary's eyes narrowed on where she was pointing, and chuckled, "Oh, that? That's nothing you need to concern yourself with, honey."

"No, if we're joining your community we deserve to know what goes on here," Maggie interrupted, nodding at Murphy. The smile on Mary's face dropped in a split second. Murphy's breathing became erratic as Mary gave the men a small nod. Then all hell broke loose.

The men around them grabbed their arms and forced them to the ground. Murphy punched one man in the face before she was grabbed by another. All of the members of their small group kicked, screamed, and protested to their mistreatment. She could hear Abraham yelling profanities somewhere on her right, and Maggie yelling to let Glenn go.

Murphy yelled, "Get off me! Stop it!"

The man holding her on the ground growled in annoyance before lifting his fist up and bringing it down on Murphy's temple. She let out a delirious groan before she fell limp in his arms and her vision went black.

___

When she woke up, Murphy could here mumbling of people around her. She could feel the pounding of her head as she opened her eyes. The darkness enveloped her, and small strands of light seemed to shine through large cracks in metal walls.

She groaned and sat up, immediately laying back down when a sharp pain rang through her head.

"Murph?" Rosita asked, setting her head in her lap. "You okay?"

"Yeah," Murphy answered, her eyes tightly shut. She squinted as she opened them again. "Where the hell are we? Is everyone okay?"

"We're all fine. They put us in a train car behind that building you pointed out," Rosita responded, running her fingers through Murphy's short, blond hair. "You were right to be nervous about them, Murph. I don't know if we're gonna make it out of this one."

Murphy sat up and turned to her, "Hey. We're gonna get out of here. We always do."

She grabbed onto the wall beside her and pulled herself up, stumbling for a moment. She took a few steps, and was able to make out the outline of two figures who she assumed to be Maggie and Glenn, "Hey."

"Hey, how're you feelin'?" Maggie asked, concern lacing her voice.

"I'm okay," Murphy said quietly, sitting down next to the couple. "What's the plan to get out of here?"

Glenn sighed, "We don't know. If our friends are still out there, they might be heading this way."

"Yeah, but our plan can't be waiting for people who may never show up," Murphy responded.

"I know," Glenn responded with a sigh. There was a moment of silence before he continued. "I just wish we knew what their plan is for us."

"I'm sure we'll find out soon enough," Murphy said, leaning up against the wall with her eyes closed. The group was silent for about five minutes, everyone resting their eyes and thinking about what was to come, before a rapid fire of gunshots broke through the silence of Terminus. Murphy's eyes shot open and she stood up, trying to peek through holes and cracks in the metal, but to no avail.

"Can you see anything?" Sasha asked from beside her.

"No," she responded, as the gunshots continued. Suddenly, they stopped, and shouting ensued. "I can't hear what they're saying, either."

"Damn it," Glenn muttered, pacing across the trailer.

Everyone sat back down at the far side of the trailer in hopes that they could catch a glimpse of what the shouting and firing was about. In the silence, the crunch of footsteps could be heard from outside the train car. The group watched in anticipation as the metal door slid open. The light that poured in made everyone shield their eyes, but their curiosity was too much. They watched as two figures walked into the car, followed by a third... and then a fourth. The door slid shut and an ominous boom echoed as the lock clicked.

Murphy squinted to try and make out who these new arrivals were. She stood up, and the others followed. Glenn was the first to make it towards the people, "Rick?"

Murphy's brows furrowed in confusion before it all came together. These were their people. The two groups met in the light, and finally saw each other properly. The man who Murphy assumed was Rick stood in the center, "You're here. You're here."

Murphy walked forward with Maggie, and Rick noticed her, his face melding into one of confusion and hostility. Maggie looked behind to see their new companions and turned back to reassure them, "They're our friends. They helped save us."

"Yeah," a gruff voice said from behind Rick. Murphy looked to see a rough looking man with hair falling in his face and slight stubble. He wore a leather vest and carried himself in a confident, yet sensitive way. "Now they're friends of ours."

His eyes made contact with Murphy's and she gave him a slight smile. He returned it with a curt nod, and looked away. Abraham stepped up and grumbled, "For however long that'll be."

He turned away and Murphy watched before Rick interrupted, "No."

Abraham turned back around, and everyone looked at Rick expectantly. "They're gonna feel pretty stupid when they find out."

"Find out what?" Abraham asked. There was a pointed silence as everyone anticipated Rick's answer. He walked towards the door, looking out of the cracks in the metal. He turned back around to look at his group.

"They're fucking with the wrong people."

an: dun dun duuuun! murphy and daryl met, yayyy! also rick's feeling pretty bad ass and that line still gives me shivers. please leave a vote and COMMENT please. feedback and letting me know that you're anticipating the next chapter really motivates me to keep writing. thank you, my loves! xx