twenty-five

— 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬-𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘
( 𝘛𝘌𝘕𝘚𝘐𝘖𝘕. )

"HE DID WHAT?" Michonne asked incredulously, her hands on her hips

"He said he 'works better alone'," Murphy muttered, making quotation marks with her hands. She then crossed her arms and leaned back against the railing of the home porch. "And slammed the door in my face."

Daryl growled while pacing back and forth across the porch. His bow was in his hand and he gripped it tightly, "That sumbitch is gonna pay."

He suddenly brushed past her, stomping down the stairs to do whatever he needed to. Murphy reached out and set her hand in the crook of his arm. He looked over his shoulder, impulsive for Pete... but reasonable for her.

"Daryl, please," she spoke calmly.

He turned fully around, causing her hand to slip from its place, "Nah, this ain't up for discussion. All righ'? He's gonna regret it."

Michonne stepped forward beside Murphy, "Daryl, she's right. We can't do this."

"What, so we just go on like it was nothin'?" Daryl asked, anticipating their response. He threw his hands up slightly in disbelief.

"No, we wait until he's sober," Murphy replied, her eyes traveling between the two. "It's no use arguing with a drunk man."

Daryl scoffed, turning away from her. He raised a hand to his mouth, rubbing the stubble along his chin and cheek. Murphy watched him, slightly puzzled. He had remembered something - a memory, or an experience.

Instead of starting something, however, she decided to continue, "Listen, we can't cause any trouble. This place needs to work out for everyone, not just me."

"Yeah, but we can' just let him get away with it," Daryl insisted, stepping closer. "Wha' he did to you... that shit don't fly."

Michonne's gaze flicked between the two knowingly, and she sighed with a small smile on her face. She stepped forward, setting a hand on Murphy's arm, "We'll figure it out, Murph."

Murphy sent both of them a thankful smile, "I don't deserve you two."

The three exchanged a look of wordless gratitude, Michonne and Murphy with a look in their eyes and Daryl with his eyes locked on the ground. They could feel it - whatever they needed to. But before they could continue their conversation, commotion began to sound from the front gate. Shouts could be heard and the murmur of townspeople caught their attention. So the trio quickly went down the stairs and to the source of trouble. When they arrived, Glenn and Aiden seemed to be in the middle of an altercation, while Noah, Tara, and Nicholas stood to the side. A group of bystanders had begun to form around the group. Murphy, Michonne, and Daryl approached, ready to intervene if needed.