sixteen

— 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗜𝗫𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡
( 𝘗𝘈𝘐𝘕. )

AFTER THE GROUP had gathered their three police officers, they returned to the warehouse to prepare for the final steps to get Beth back

AFTER THE GROUP had gathered their three police officers, they returned to the warehouse to prepare for the final steps to get Beth back. As they walked to the center of the second floor, the female officer spoke up.

"Your friend, what's his name?" she asked no one in particular. "I need to talk to him. Your plan is going to get me and my friends killed."

"We're gonna make it work," Sasha replied shortly.

"It would work if you had different cops to trade," the officer reasoned. With that, the group stopped to listen. "Dawn's running Grady into the ground. A bunch of us want her out and she knows it. Pretty sure she knows we want Lamson to replace her, too."

The driver turned to look at her, "Dawn doesn't know that."

"She might," the woman replied. "And she's smart. So there's a good chance you can't make this deal work, and that'll leave us all dead. But if you let us go, we'll take care of Dawn ourselves, and then we'll let your friends go, and this is over."

"No, we're not gonna do that," Lamson added.

The group looked around in mild confusion. The woman looked at him incredulously, "Do you want to die?"

"No," Lamson responded quickly. "I just need you to shut up right now."

Murphy turned to Carol, who shrugged in response. Tyreese looked at Sasha in silence before Lamson continued, "You can make this work, but you gotta be able to talk to her."

"Noah told us all about her," Sasha voiced from Murphy's left.

"I've known her for eight years, ma'am," Lamson interjected. "I know this woman. And my only interest is peaceful resolution, not dying, and sleeping in my bed tonight. So, please let me help you. Please."

Murphy stepped forward, "Why should we trust you?"

Lamson looked at her for a moment before answering, "Because why else would I be offering to help?"

Just as Murphy was about to respond, Daryl turned and waved to Rick, who approached from behind, "Hey, Rick! You're gonna wanna hear this."

___

Once Rick had returned, he ordered that Sasha and Tyreese get any supplies left from the truck they had driven to Atlanta. While they were gone, he went to the side to talk more with Lamson. Murphy, Carol, and the two other cops sat in a circle, waiting until the plan was ready to be set in motion. Tyreese made his way over to the group, setting down a box beside them and shuffling through. Rick ended up walking over to the group while Sasha stayed behind to watch over Lamson.

Rick spoke as he walked over, "Looks like we got a good chance of this thing goin' smooth."

Daryl stood up from his spot, "What'd he say?"